What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

pitot line location

andrew phillips

Well Known Member
I have the dynon pitot w/ angle of attack. I need to bring 2 lines through the fuselage and to the panel. Should I bring them in beside the aileron rod hole, under the seat, up the center tunnel or should I go straight up the fuselage sidewall and run along below the longeron? If I run below the longeron will this affect the installation of pre-made side panels later on?

Any thoughts?

To keep them out of sight, I brought the lines inboard though one seat rib then through new holes drilled in the center section. -7 snap bushing can hold both lines. If you're using plastic lines, try to anticipate bend radius when planning your holes (i.e. you may not want to drill both center section holes perfectly aligned)

Then of course you could use a 90 degree fitting and run the pitot line forward through the wing spar web just outboard of the fusalage, then bring it inboard just behind the F-902 so it stays hidden inside the wing root fairing. Hard to picture this part but I bring the pitot line through the fusalage side skin inside a 3/8" piece of aluminum fuel line. A "S" curve brings the line through oval side skin hole and a gentle 90 degree upwards bend on the inside gives pitot line protection from rudder cable. Shorter length, less fittings.

Back