What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My AirVenture 2010 Pictures

RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
I finally got around to finishing my AirVenture 2010 photos. There aren't too many RV photos, but I think you'll like them anyway. Maybe now I can get back to work on the RV. ;)

Link: http://www.bradoliver.com/Aviation/Airventure-2010/13263855_rqvcF#963336358_JT8H8

IMHO, I think the best way to view them is to click "slideshow" upper right corner.

Here are a few samples...

963339289_xPXpg-L.jpg

968137080_TgeCf-L.jpg

968173715_T9aVs-L.jpg

OSH pics

Wow Brad, beautiful camera work! Really like the vintage sepia look you did on some.
You going to be there again next year?

Doug
Seattle area
-4, wings

Really awesome pictures, Brad...the work in your "Landscapes" folder is great too!

Dave

WOW. Great photographs.

Very impressive Brad. I particularly like the close ups in B&W. Awesome.

Ben

Brad,

Those are some of the best Osh pics or any airplane pics I have ever seen!!

Great job!!!

Thanks for sharing:D

Brad:

Those pictures are awesome -- you really are gifted with the camera.

I did a double-take on photo #42. That airplane is an Atlantis II, designed and built by Fred Meyers who is my hangar neighbor. I had only seen Fred's Atlantis II that sits next to mine. At one point he was going to kit the aircraft but for one reason or another that never happened. I know there were only a few built and the one you photographed is one of them.

It sort of looks like an RV, but the only thing it shares with the RV is the canopy which is borrowed from the RV-6. The wing is all composite and extremely strong. Fred used to fly his Atlantis II in unlimited aerobatic competitions across the country.

Brad,
beautiful work.
What camera/equipment did you use?
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A finishing kit(just behind (and likely to remain so) Bob Collins)

WOW!!

Brad,

There are special occasions in my life when I have an opportunity to enjoy another individual's rare and exceptional talents. You sir, have provided me with one of those special occasions... your talent as a photographer is truly exceptional! Thank you for sharing.

I have a special interest in one of your photos (Gene & Theresa) and would like to purchase either the digital image or a finished print. For my benefit and the benefit of other VAF members here, would you please post information about how we can make a purchase.

Have a Great Day!

Wow

If I could take pictures like that I would never get any work done on my RV - just kidding! Seriously, you are very talented with a camera!

Stunning photos ...

.... absolutely stunning. As others said, the best OSH pics I've seen, bar none. Thanks so much for sharing. Pic #52, the Phantom in low pass, gave me goosebumps! :D:D

Wow, I am truly stunned by everyone's response. Thank you for all your kind words, they are all very encouraging! Oh, and thank you DR for the front page feature.

There were a few questions asked, so let me see if I can address them in order.

You going to be there again next year?
I sure hope so.

Brad, are you going to post those cool campfire pix from the RV gathering?
Yes, they are in the queue, but I will put some of my more personal AV pics in a different gallery.

What camera/equipment did you use?
Canon EOS 7D with either a EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 or an EF 100-400mm f4.0-5.6 L. Edit: Forgot about the second side of the equation... I also shoot all my photos in the RAW format, and perform all my digital-developing in Adobe's Lightroom 3.

I <snip> would like to purchase either the digital image or a finished print. For my benefit and the benefit of other VAF members here, would you please post information about how we can make a purchase.
I really appreciate your interest. The EAA has VERY strict copyright rules prohibiting the sale of any images or videos (link). Sad but true, and from what I have heard from other photographers, selling images from AV is a "Big No-No". That being said, let me do a bit of research and see if there is anything I can do.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Bravo!!

Brad, if I could be half as good with words as you are with visuals, I'd be happy! I'm sort of glad I didn't waste too much time looking at airplanes at OSH this year, because you just gave me a far better "airplane fix" with your amazing shots.

Bravo!

Paul

Never been to Osh.....

but that my friend made it almost as good as being there. Exceptional! I'm forwarding your link to several aviation buddies. Can't express it any better than has already been said so I'll just say, "ditto".

Mike

Stunning Work

I personally think the pictures you took and posted here are among the BEST I've EVERY seen!!
AWESOME Job!!
I'd like to have a few for my own screen savers,,, Possible?
The black and white F4f with the red color is one of my favorites.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Kenny Gene
RV7a 294TC 570 hrs AWC 9-5-07
RV10 484TC finishing

VERY nice work, Brad...and thanks for sharing with us. I've read that a good photographer only shows a small percentage of the photos he/she has taken. Therefore, I can't imagine how many you must have gone through to end up with the ones in your public album.

Are you going to Reno this year? If so, we'd love to see some of your photos. ;)

Thanks everyone!

I've read that a good photographer only shows a small percentage of the photos he/she has taken. Therefore, I can't imagine how many you must have gone through to end up with the ones in your public album.

Are you going to Reno this year? If so, we'd love to see some of your photos. ;)

I took two 16GB cards with me, and I probably took close to 2,000 images, of which I deleted roughly half on-site as they weren't acceptable. Both cards were full when I brought them home and I realized that next year I will need to bring either more memory cards, or my laptop and an external hard-drive (as back-up) so that I can empty the cards on-site. BTW that's nothing, I spoke to a pro that took 14,000 photos during the week of AirVenture, but a lot of those are taken in high-speed mode during the airshow(s).

Reno? I may drive up for a day, but my mom is talking about paying us a visit that weekend and my wife would KILL me if I left her at home with my mother while I went to the races. ;):D

Last edited:
Brad do you want to exchange your camera with mine? I also have the 7D but I think that mine is Broken :D

Very nice Pics, congratulations.

Back