What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anchor Screws for Emag with B&C alternator installed

Bart

Well Known Member
Anyone with a rear pad back up B&C alternator solved the dilemma of the inside anchor screw for the Emag control leads? I have gone through every offset screw driver I own and probably worn the slotted screw head years ahead of its time.

You have to install the wire connector before you bring the pmag onto the engine. Just loosening it to rotate might work for some but not for me.

I also found that installing the wires works best to remove the plug and then install and tighten. That's not really my question - My hurdle has been installing the inside of the two anchor screws on the plug. The outside one is very accessible and easy, the inside one sits under the B&C. A very difficult access point. Just curious if someone else has had the same trouble with a B&C on the rear pad.

If I understand your question...

...here’s a thought. On my airplane I mounted each of the PMags such that access to the anchor screw on the control lead plugs was easily accessible. So each mag is oriented slightly differently as necessary to provide access to the screws.

So you don’t mean the electrical connector and are talking about the pmag mounting nut? I found a crowfoot the right tool there. A stubby wrench might work. If you are talking about anything electrical it works best to do those with the pmag off the engine

I should have been more precise in my question

There are two 10-24 machine threaded screws that holds the green plastic plug into place on the Emag unit. I believe Emag calls this plug the control wire plug. This small green plug contains the six small electrical wires and sits abeam the 3 wire 'coil' green plastic plug. Of the two 10-24 machine threaded screws ON THE CONTROL PLUG there is one that resides more or less under the B&C alternator.

Yes. Unbolt the pmag and pull it or rotate as needed to screw that down. Reinstall pmag. Retime.

Ok that make sense - this was more or less a quick check are all my wires and screws checked and green plug wire Ok - I didn't want to have unmount or move the Emag if I didn't have to. Thats the price you pay for redundancy. Thanks

Back