Hey, DM, thanks!
A little update here. Crapy weather combined with a crappy schedule has led to very little progress on the tanks. But we're knee deep into it now. The first use of Proseal for attaching a couple of things to the inboard ribs was an absolute mess, as you can see in the picture. That didn't give me a warm-fuzzy about the way the rest of the tank build was going to go.
Yesterday and today were much better. Yesterday, my lovely and talented wife "buttered" the short stiffeners, and I clecoed them into place. Then she laid a bead for the fillet, and I used a popsicle stick to smooth it out. We let them "cure" overnight.
Today we got them all riveted. Working two stiffeners at a time, Laura would put the dab of Proseal in the dimple then add the rivets. Next I'd do the back riveting. While she sealed the shop ends, I'd take acetone to the rivet set and clean it off, then count out rivets for the next pair of stiffeners from the "sterile" rivets.
Once the skin was flipped back up, she'd start again on the dollop and rivet while I cleaned off the skin from the previous pair and cleaned the back rivet plate.
So nice to be married to a great build partner.
As an aside, I had a layover in PDX recently with enough time to rent a car and get down to Aurora. Pretty cool to get to tour the factory, but disappointed the -10 was out getting a new engine. While I was there I dropped off the order form for the fuselage kit. Should be here mid-May.