Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 PM

Default Petit Jean Update Live - From the Ramp!

Update 10/29/14 - More pictures coming out and here is the AERIAL TOUR LINK : http://youtu.be/r8giRE4NnXM for a more detailed description of the tour see post #41 in this thread.

10/24/14 Friday 2:30 PM 61 RVs on the ramp and more coming. Peerrrrfect Weather! High 70's and dry!

Update Sunday 10/26/14 -- It's all over and the first 200 Pictures are in --- good ones follow later this week!

98 RVs came and went and it was a great time on the Mountain Check Post #6 or click here --- http://kvisit.com/arpgf

We wanted to try and share the Petit Jean spirit with those that couldn't make it and this is our best attempt. If you click on the link below, it will take you to a live album where we are posting pictures taken at Petit Jean as it happens. Anything mailed to my email address by registered participants should end up here about 10 minutes later.

Hope you like it.... we're having a large time

Petit Jean (almost) LIVE http://kvisit.com/a_qEf

Still have room for some campers if you're close.

BillSchlatterer@sbcglobal.net
Dues Paid 5/26/21

Last edited by BillSchlatterer : 10-29-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:08 PM

Smile Pictures from the point!

Show us some of those pictures from the point!
Wish I could have made it!
Web site: http://www.newtech.com/bobbyhester/RVSite.htm
Dec. 2020 VAF donator - alot better than any magazine subscription
Old 10-24-2014, 11:10 PM

Default Point

Bobby, Dan got a lot of great pictures. He shots them in RAW format and then edits them. We should have some start showing up pretty soon.

The RV15+ made it's arrival this afternoon, what a beautiful airplane.

Weather is perfect and I just posted about 10 more pictures a few minutes ago. This was late afternoon and we had 63 on the ground and 74 had come through.

Check this link for pictures being posted frequently,,, http://kvisit.com/a_qEf

We had a nice 140 RV'ers for dinner tonight but I got so wrapped up in the RV Bingo and giveaways that I forgot to shoot any pictures while everyone was sitting down. I am pretty sure others did. It was a really nice evening, the food was great ... the RV fellowship even better!

The RV15+ made it in on time. What an airplane !

Forgot to shoot pictures while everyone was sitting but we served 140+

We had a great time tonight and everyone seems to be planning on hitting the trails or playing formations which is great for the rest of us "sit on the ground and watch folks".

The campground is going to be full Saturday night and we are serving the usual knock out spread of BBQ pork and St Louis style ribs. It's going to be a great evening on the ramp! Watch stars, visit, and generally just enjoy!

It's a great night on the Mountain....!

Bill

Dues Paid 5/26/21

Last edited by BillSchlatterer : 10-24-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:06 AM

I may be able to attend next year. Quite a haul from Alaska but I understand that there may be other things to see in "America", too.
Anchorage, Alaska
Let me know if you're RVing to Anchorage!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:15 PM

Default Update Saturday Night!

Don't have a current picture with the max count but around 2:00 PM today, we had RVs and other airplanes about halfway to the 1000 marker on both sides. I think the total RV attendance count is going to be significantly higher that last year. Awaiting photos for counts. Planes from 18 states in all directions. No idea who came the farther'er'est

We had 140 for dinner last night at the Rockefeller Conference Center and expect about the same tonight for the Ramp Party at the Campground.

Check this link for pictures being posted frequently,,, http://kvisit.com/a_qEf

I don't have the picture but we really did get a low flyby from a C130 which was just completely awesome. There were eyes to see and ears to hear so many can attest that it was the real deal! It's good to have military friends.

RVs were flying all day, lots of eye candy approaches , smoking airplanes, formations, and some photo ops on the point as well. Lots of aviating today!

The vans made continuous laps to the trails, RCC Museums, and Mather Lodge. Lots of folks on the trails and lots of folks just hanging out and enjoying some easy style RV socializing.

The Raffle for the Reactor Valkryie Pilot Watch was a hoot with Mary and Steve Ingraham from Tuttle, OK taking the grand prize back with them. The party on the ramp is in full swing now with BBQ Pork and ST. Louis Style ribs going in all directions, campfires blazing, folks grazing, and a good time being had by all!

It's a great day on the Mountain! It's an RV Gathering!

Bill

Dues Paid 5/26/21

Last edited by BillSchlatterer : 10-25-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 PM

Default First Pictures

These are the first and worst pictures of this weekends Gathering at Petit Jean. All of the good pictures will come out later this week but here are some of the ones I took while walking around.

Look for links for the Photo Shoot Point Pictures later this week as well as a a LARGE group of arrival and flight pictures taken by the good photo guys and girls. These I promise you will like.

Dan Valovich who shot all the Point Arrival Pictures will be posting links as soon as he has them all cropped and edited to wall hanger quality.

This is just a teaser cause I can do it quick!

First 200 pictures from the RV Gathering at Petit Jean --- http://kvisit.com/arpgf

Dues Paid 5/26/21
Old 10-26-2014, 01:46 PM

Landed at KSET from KMPJ about noon today.
Everything about the event was top notch. The food, the rooms, and especially the people who organized such a great gathering. If you missed this year be sure to put it on your calendar for next year. This was our first year, but will not be the last.
Thanks again to everyone who made our stay enjoyable.

Richard and Gloria Emery
RV7A N70RE
St Peters, MO

paid through 2014
Old 10-26-2014, 02:12 PM

Made it home safe and sound about an hour ago.

Thanks again for everyone who worked so hard to put on this years event and made it another successful fly-in
Old 10-26-2014, 02:21 PM

Great time. Couldn't be better. I appreciate all the work that went into making the event a great time for everyone.

If you haven't been to this fly in, you need to come. You wouldn't believe the scenery in Arkansas. It's reminiscent of Yosemite.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:24 PM

Default Petit Jean

Made it home at lunch time. Was a fun time. Thank you to all involved. Thanks Ron