camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:56 PM

Default Paint update

She's almost done.

More pictures on the blog.
RV-12iS Powerplant kit
N612EF Builder log (EAA Builder log)
Last article: "Gonna Finish This Sucker" (Kitplanes)
Waiting for the avionics kit (backordered: chip shortage)
Old 05-29-2014, 05:01 PM

Very pretty Bob..and good luck on the medical!
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Dynon Skyview HDX, Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Whirlwind 200RV CS Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
https://www.marksrv8.com
Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM

I have always loved a polished and painted plane like yours , mine is fully polished and it is very very tough to get near the n numbers or other parts that are painted , when it's time to re polish how do you go about it ,do you tape off all the painted surfaces that way you can get close without hurting the paint , I know mine I do a complete polish job around , may or June and that will usually last 6 or 7 months then I just go over it with the grade S and cyclo , but also the climate in the north east is brutal , mine is covered in yello pollen as we speak ,
Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Default Looks good

I'm doing a paint and polish too and I don't know if I will ever be done. I had it painted and I'm doing the polish. I received instructions from an aviation detail shop at my airport about equipment, supplies, and technique. I needed to tape off anything you didn't want the "black oxidation" on so painted areas and other stuff were covered. I'm running out of steam and want to get flying again so for $50 an hour the wings are going to be done at the detail shop. Hope mine finishes as nice as yours!
RV12, #401, Flying 2013, N612PC
RV6, 1996-2010 sold

Last edited by funflying : 05-30-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonex 541 View Post
I have always loved a polished and painted plane like yours , mine is fully polished and it is very very tough to get near the n numbers or other parts that are painted , when it's time to re polish how do you go about it ,do you tape off all the painted surfaces that way you can get close without hurting the paint , I know mine I do a complete polish job around , may or June and that will usually last 6 or 7 months then I just go over it with the grade S and cyclo , but also the climate in the north east is brutal , mine is covered in yello pollen as we speak ,
I haven't done it yet but my plane is to tape things off, yes. I'll also get a smaller orbiter, perhaps. After a few times polishing with the wool pad and F7, I'm hoping to be doing mostly fleece and cyclo. A lot a may dab and use my finger and fleece to get around.

I will say the great thing about photographs is they make the polished area look wayyy better than it really is. This part has sat all winter, has dust on it, wiped off water spots. It's actually pretty ratty looking.
RV-12iS Powerplant kit
N612EF Builder log (EAA Builder log)
Last article: "Gonna Finish This Sucker" (Kitplanes)
Waiting for the avionics kit (backordered: chip shortage)
Old 05-30-2014, 06:34 PM

I really like it, Bob; it is unique, understated and gorgeous. I will be thinking of you Thursday; I know how it feels to be in medical limbo, and I will be hoping that you get the same outcome that I eventually did after my mitral valve replacement. Positive thoughts!
O-360 A1A, Sensenich FP prop

Those who think any system is foolproof greatly underestimate the ingenuity of fools
Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 PM

Default Orbital

Looks great Bob.

I have been looking for a small orbital that will take the same pads as the cyclo
. Seems like this would help polish around the paint lines and also in the tight spots. Has anyone found something like this?
Working on Fuse
O-360-A1A

1946 Cessna 120