Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthomps View Post
How are you handling the stick interference and also the brace that typically goes along the bottom of the panel? I am looking to do the same but these are challenges in extending the panel down in the center region there that I am scratching my head over, can you post more pictures of how you dealt with this?
For more pics, look at the Picasa link in my signature.

Picture below shows the stick. No issues. The pannel was designed not to interfere with the stick. The red line is just there to hold the stick under the panel.

I removed the standard brace and moved the support a few inches closer to the fire wall. It also holds my avionics rack. If you look at the picture below (bottom of the pic, right off center), you will see a 3/4 inch angle that runs up and down (on the picture). Right behind the radios. It is a much much larger support compared to the original.

from the top

from the other side (behing the large multi-color wire harness)
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Default Nice

Looking good Axel! That's gonna be a nasty -4!
RV-8 'Contrary Mary' flying
N784DE S/N #82614

www.fixedwingbuddha.com
Follow me on Facebook
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX-O View Post
Forgot...... I also put some 3M Di-Noc on my panel. It looks nice. We will see how long it will last.

AX-O: Do you have any scraps of the Di-Nox left over? Would you mind mailing me a snip? How's it holding up? Where's the best place to purchase?
Kit #120-666 "The number of the beast"
http://kevinsrv12build.blogspot.com
Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 AM

Just adding the thread about diodes and resistors.
http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=90878
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 AM

I am way behind on pics. I updated my Picasa albums today. Here are some of the updates.

Comm and xponder antennas are on.

The NACA Scoops are on. Like everything else in this build, I had to compromise. This is not the ideal location pressure wise but I ran out of the best options due to internal interferences with other things.

The switch panel and the front stick are in. Still need to wire the switch panel. The blue seat is just there as a sub. It came out of an AV-8B ejection seat.

Last edited by AX-O : 09-28-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 AM

Still updating. Pics are of work in progress.

I removed my canopy for some clean up. I have yet to fill the glass and make it nice. One day it will be done.

Changed my mind on the standby instruments and replace it with a cicuit breaker panel. I also made provisions on the instrument panel for vents.

Last edited by AX-O : 09-27-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: more pics
Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 AM

Nice -4! And, you will not have any ice on your comm antennas.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 AM

I modified the lever by extending the lever up 1 1/4 inch from the original position. The lever is also bent at approx 45 deg. Parts were provided by Dayton Murdock of DJM.

I started with this and modified it.

here are additional pics.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
VAF Moderator / Line Boy

Nice "Go Fast" lever Axel - believe me, it is probably one of the best cockpit improvements you can make - there is just something that feels right when you wrap your fist around it....

Paul
RV-6 (By Marriage) - N164MS - "Mikey"
RV-3B - N13PL - "Tsamsiyu"
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor
Dayton Valley Airpark (A34)
http://Ironflight.com
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Default Pistol Grip

Axel,

This is exactly what I want to do for my 7A quadrant. Can you provide specifics such as the brand and type of grip used. What if anything did you use to fill the hollow. I plan on putting the flap switch on top of the handle as flaps and throttle are used most and together at landing or take off. Thanks in advance.

Dave Nellis
7A Slider Canoe rolled
N410DN (Res.)