I finally got my website updated, showing all my work with the SikaFlex job on my tipup canopy. I have added lots of pictures and description of my efforts, starting with the final prep work here:
SikaFlex Job on My Tipup Canopy
Meanwhile, here are just a few highlight shots:
After a lot of prep work to get everything ready, cleaning and special primer, a V-shaped Sika bead is being applied to the canopy frame:
After the canopy is all in place, smoothing out the filets while the Sika is still soft. I used popsicle stick spacers under the front of the canopy, to lift it a bit for a nice bonding layer of Sika.
Here's a shot of how it turned out, after 2 days of work, riveting, and cleanup:
Here's a closeup of the side. No more clecos! No holes in this canopy, and no hardware.
How it came out on the interior, over the aft canopy frame:
Later on, back on the plane:
Again, these are just a few highlight shots. There's lots more, and a lot more detail in my log pages. Click on the link above if you'd like to see more. I'm pleased with how this is turning out.
I'll have pics soon of the standard fiberglass layups and fairing I'm doing across the front of the canopy.