- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM

Default VAF Charter Jet to OSH

If you've been wanting to go to Oshkosh this year and don't really have the time to do a multi-day trip in the RV, read on.

I'm a VAFer in the Atlanta area. I work for an aircraft charter company as the Business Development Manager. I would like to put together a charter trip for VAF folks from here Atlanta, GA) to Oshkosh for Airventure 2012 using our Learjet.

My thinking is this:
Opening day, Monday July 23 - this is the day the RV-1 is scheduled to arrive and be put on display at the show.
One day up and back. Leave form McCollum Airport in Atlanta (RYY) at 0700, arrive by 0800 CDT. Return after the daily airshow.
Up to 7 pax (6 minimum)

Price is about $1,760 per person - Which is not bad, considering you'd spend at least $500-$600 flying an RV up and back, plus hotels, plus weather delays, plus rental car... We are paying DR a standard charter commission for allowing me to promote it here.

Please send me a PM or an email and let me know if you're interested. Reservations will be first come-first served and I need to either have the trip filled and booked by July 1 - or not. We'll need to fill the airplane, to make it cost effective. (Of course, if you want to spend $10K and charter the whole flight, you certainly can. You don't even have to go to OSH)

This would be a great way to send someone to Oshkosh for the day - a veteran? A college student? A spouse? A third person that doesn't fit in the RV?

We'll fly right in to OSH, take the shuttle over to the Airventure grounds from the FBO and return after the field reopens. A good day at the show and a sweet ride to boot.

We are a certifed Air Taxi Operator. The airplane is a Lear 35 corporate jet - maybe the nicest Lear in the country. The crew will consist of our two most experienced pilots. I look forward to hearing from the VAF community.

Thanks Doug!

Jeff Rhodes
Southern Jet Management
Asheville Jet Charter and Management
RV-9,7
770-547-9676
jrhodes@ajcm.net
jrhodes@v1salesmgt.com
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 AM

Default Wow!

How much extra to be picked up at Daniel field, Augusta KDNL

Thanks,
Building RV-12, Wings, fuse, emp complete. FWF in progress.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM

Very cool. Too rich for my blood though...plus I'm going up for the whole week. I must say though, a couple hours in a LJ35 sure sounds a lot better than 16 or so hours in the car...
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 PM

How much front seat time do we get?

"God does not deduct from one's time on earth that which is spent in the air."
Old 06-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Every minute that the FAA will allow
jrhodes@v1salesmgt.com
Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 PM

Default That is a once in a life time opportunity for most of us

I have never seen an opportunity like this before offered to common folks like me. I hope to be flying in the AirVenture Cup Race out of Mitchell, South Dakota however.

Bob Axsom
Old 06-20-2012, 02:19 PM

Default Longer Stay

Jeff,

I think you'll have to re-do your estimate, allowing for a longer stayover to get any takers. I can't imagine someone flying from hotlanta to OSH for just a single day of the show. Anyone who can, probably isn't a plane enthusiast; and therefore wouldn't be going to OSH in the first place.
RV-10 - Working on engine / prop installation
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....ig&project=803
F-14 (Pedal Plane - Daughter's Project) "Flying"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCyX2FXrlw
Old 06-20-2012, 02:59 PM

Default I don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilotmike View Post
Jeff,

I think you'll have to re-do your estimate, allowing for a longer stayover to get any takers. I can't imagine someone flying from hotlanta to OSH for just a single day of the show. Anyone who can, probably isn't a plane enthusiast; and therefore wouldn't be going to OSH in the first place.
I'm kind of enthusiastic about airplanes and a full day walking those grounds is plenty for me. In reality the flight would be what appealed to me - it will be interesting to see how this works out. I hope it works out.

Bob Axsom
Old 06-20-2012, 03:03 PM

I've actually made a day trip to SNF (which is a little closer to here) several times. For some people, it can be just enough. Reducing the total r/t flying time to a little over 3 hours by going 500 mph helps, too!

There are a lot of folks that would really like to go, but just can't justify taking 4 or 5 vacation days to go to something that their whole family might not consider a vacation.

Anyway - I'me certainly not opposed to doing a multi-day charter. Just understand that it can significantly add to the cost. We have to pay the FBO fees (which can be $x00 per night), crew lodging and meals and transportation, etc. We are running a business, so I also have to charge for having the aircraft and crew sitting out of service, as well. But, understanding all any person or group wants a custom quote, give us a shout.

We have a Gulfstream also! You could really arrive in style with 10 of your best friends.
jrhodes@v1salesmgt.com
Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 PM
been here awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRhodes View Post
I've actually made a day trip to SNF (which is a little closer to here) several times. For some people, it can be just enough. Reducing the total r/t flying time to a little over 3 hours by going 500 mph helps, too!

I had the wonderful opportunity a few years ago to do a "one day" at OSH via a Citation Sovereign. It was a fantastic trip made even better as I walked the grounds and watched the airshow (with a fine group of airplane junkies) knowing I would be sleeping in my own bed 750 miles away that night .

Chicago never looked better (at flight level 430....)!

JR's trip will be a great OSH for the fortunate travelers.