What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

need alternator plug

JimWoo50

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a idea where I could get the three receptacle plug for the 14184 alternator? I tried two auto parts stores with no success. Also I'm putting together a order from acs and need to know what size my steel manifold fittings (nipples) are. AN4 or AN4D?

Do I really need the pigtail?

On hooking up my 14184 alternator to regulator wire do I really need the pigtail connector at the alt. I have read that I'm going to cut 2 of the 3 wires any way. So can I just use a amp connector or similar to connect to the appropriate spade on the alt.? I think its the one at 9 oclock.

14184 alternator

You are correct. You only need to hookup the Field wire. The other two, according my local alternator shop who thinks I am building a dune buggy, are for indicator lights in the honda. You could use a fast-on spade but the connector that goes to the 14184 is real cheap and covers up the area well. My 2 cents.
Mark Wyss
RV 4
getting real close

Thanks.

For the quick reply. Going to the auto parts store to look and see if they have the connector locally.

I've hooked them up both ways - with a single spade lug and with the plug - depending on what I could get at the time. Both work, as long as you provide for some strain relief. I thought Van sold the plug BTW.

Paul

And a replacement for the plane power alternator?

Does anyone know if the plug on the plane power alternator can be disassembled, or how I can let the three crimped connectors back out to check and recrimp? I looks like it might be a one-time, press together.

I'm dealing with a long time intermittent primary alternator and have a replacement harness, but thought I'd check all the crimps first.

Thanks.

Back