Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2020, 01:58 PM

I like both of those. I'm an all weather rider. Well, down to -10C for less than 1 hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPX View Post

Simplicity is the art in design.
I was born an airplane nut. I have no explanation for it.
My Artwork is freely given and published and cannot be patented.
www.rvplasticparts.com
Old 03-30-2020, 02:31 PM

Default Nothing fancy

Nothing fancy but did get to fly at least.

Got called into work (a blessing these days)...didn't think I could fly because of rain and icing potential, but a quick brief found I could stay out of the ice as high as 3000'-4000'. 1.5 hobbs, no ice, smoother ride then I was expecting, but nothing but white to look at for 1.3 of those hours so it was kinda boring.
2022 Dues Paid
Old 03-30-2020, 03:22 PM

I got sick in February when this COVID-19 got started. Have not flown since February 02, 2020. Had many of the symptoms of the virus going around so went to see my doctor 03-02-2020. Doc gave me two Rx that typically someone with asthma would use. Doc said it was a virus but he did not think it was one to worry about as I did not have a fever.

I am finally over being sick. I have been social distancing for over a month before everyone else started doing it. I am one of the lucky ones that it is 18-steps from my house to my hangar. After a through preflight, I was able to get a short flight in. It felt good after not being PIC for almost 2-months.

Postimage.org uploads is down for maintenance so here is my first time using imgur.com where I cannot resize the images. Sorry.

I also go a wing jig fixture built for the right wing of the RV-8 plus got parts installed in the jig.

I remembered that I also needed to get a bracket to mount the autopilot servo so placed an order for it from Steinair. I already got a confirmation of the order from Steinair. I did tell them that I understand that there could be delays in deliver.

I flew again today and now am almost full fuel except for the flight home. AvGas price has dropped from $4.19 to $3.98 at the airport I filled up at.

3,400+ hours
Where is N157GS
Building RV-8 S/N: 80012

To most people, the sky is the limit.
To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Last edited by RV6_flyer : 03-30-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-30-2020, 08:17 PM

Flew the -8 over to Tuskegee to get some cheap gas. Pulled power on downwind and made the prettiest squeaker ever, right on the numbers. Per the Laws of the Aviation Universe ("Great landings are never seen."), it meant the FBO was closed and the airport was abandoned by all humankind.

So I went back to Wetumpka, got Bill's Cub, and got in a dogfight with an old friend and his Kolb. A Legend Cub has doors on both sides. Accelerated stalls make the lower doors flap like a bird
Old 03-30-2020, 09:57 PM

I work for a Hospital system and we have been going for 3 weeks non stop, but I
did get a chance to get out and clear my head with a formation flight with a few
buddies on Sat. We did practicing good Social Distancing on the ground and in the air.

http://youtu.be/UFWEBfZHRRE

Everyone be safe out there and practice social distancing.
david@rv12pilot.com
2021 VAF Supporter

RV12 #568 EAB
* Started 9/30/2011
* 1st flight 8/30/12

http://www.rv12pilot.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/dvalcik