Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Weather is looking the best it has in over 2 weeks. Hopes this holds. Dont forget about the NOTAM for closure from 1230 to 1300.

See you guys soon.
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:10 PM

Fuel will be $3.99 per gallon during the event. The airport manager hooked us up. See you soon.
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:43 AM

Default socked in

No way to get out of Santa Rosa today
Old 03-09-2019, 10:46 PM

Got denied with low ceilings today as well. So what was the 12:30 NOTAM for?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:46 AM

We had a great turn out despite the WX being somewhat bad North and South of us. We really lucked out. For 2 weeks ahead of the Social, the WX has been weird. Wet particles falling from the sky, winds on Fri got up to 50ish kts. Made arrival for my buds somewhat difficult. We got rid off a ridiculous amount of sugar. 8 gallons of ice cream and supporting toppings were gone. If you have pictures of your trip or the social, please post them as my wife and I don't have much time to take picture.

Yeap, we stuffed 9 additional RVs (well one rocket too) in this small space over night. No need to tie down outside in those winds.

Cup cakes (with to go boxes).

Picture sent in by a friend. Identity concealed to protect them from non-attendees.

Picture of Dilemma and Another Dilemma. Both still under construction.

few pics around the area.

My buds having a great time.

Thank you for coming out! This may have been the last one of these for a while. It is so much work and the weather is just so unpredictable.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-force View Post
Got denied with low ceilings today as well. So what was the 12:30 NOTAM for?
I am curious about the 30 min NOTAM as well.
Victoria, TX
Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM

Default Wish I Could Come

Axel
I would give anything to be able to come to your event. I just wish Indiana was not so far away from California.

My wife and I put on our Fish-Fry every year at French Lick, KFRH, and it keeps getting bigger and better.

I know what your talking about when it comes to putting in so much work, time, and effort but the rewards are worth it.

Sure wish you could make it sometime!!

Also, I love your plane.

Respectfully,
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT
Old 03-13-2019, 10:45 AM

Axel
Bummer if you are stopping. It's been two years in a row a friend and I have wanted to come but the weather in the San Jose area prevented getting to your flyin. Anyway to convince you otherwise?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 PM

219PB - Inyokern is in close proximity to Edwards and ChinaLake... And with Redflag out of Vegas this last week it could have been MANY things
Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX-O View Post
That's that ancient hangar that Nat Geo used to film some sequences of "Hitler's Stealth Fighter". I helped design the model as I was the only guy in our group who could read the German blueprints.

You can see more about it here: https://www.nationalgeographic.com.a...ealth-fighter/