Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krw5927 View Post
Has anyone who's registered but not yet received an email, heard anything from the organizers? I sent a PM to Bill yesterday, hoping he's got a moment to help us figure this out. Would be a shame to show up and have no record of registration.
Got an e-mail from Bill last night with the registration. Sounds like a small SNAFU that they are getting corrected. They had my registration, just had a glitch getting the info e-mailed to some of us it sounds like.

-Dan
Old 09-15-2016, 10:04 AM

Ahhh, good deal. Thanks Dan. See ya there!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:08 PM

Default More homes available ?? Off the beaten path :-)

By popular demand we have found a few commercial 3-4 bedroom homes that are available for rent for the weekend. I am told these go from nice to very nice. They are not on our normal shuttle runs but we can make the pickup and drop a couple of times a day, just not on five minutes notice.

Remember if you do one of these, you still need to do the online registration AND tell the folks at registration so we know where you are. Please do not book anything that is off the mountain or very far from the airport. These I know we can get to based on the map pins.

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rental...nsas/morrilton

This is horse ranch home with 3 bedrooms that would be a lot of fun. just around the corner from the airport campground. Funny he said "City People"

"City people" might enjoy horseback riding and/or visiting an animal petting/feeding zoo. They also have a large barn house with 4 bedrooms for $129.00 per night.

The owner said that she would give a discount of $2.00 off of the 30 minute trail ride and $7.00 off of the 50 minute ride with 7 people per ride. (Discount to $16.50 & $20.00).

With a little planning, they will do hay rides, also.

It is located on the first N/S road just east of the airport, the same road as the car museum.

Just offering additional options for you.

Bob and Linda

Their website; http://barnyardfriendsandstables.weebly.com/

BillSchlatterer@sbcglobal.net
Dues Paid 5/26/21
Old 10-03-2016, 08:12 PM

Thumbs up Update

UPDATE 10/3/2016 ... 12 days out and everything is looking great on the Mountain. Airport campground and trails should be in perfect condition.

We have had two cancellations this week from the Glamper side .....that would be Campers at the RCC , so there may be two rooms available. Not sure but you should call the RCC if you have been waiting for this chance. Otherwise, the Presidents Lodge, the Meadows, and the four houses are full.

Big switch in the menu for the Friday Night Bash at the Lodge. Switched from our Northern Italian spread to a way overdone Tex-Mex Fajita Bar backed up with some pretty amazing side dishes from the gourmet Kitchen at the RCC.... and I'm not kidding about the gourmet kitchen Someone also said something about a complementary Tequila Shooter. I'm not sure what kind of weapon that is but I understand it can give you a headache

On the subject of food (one of my favorites) ... you might not know this but the RCC (Rockefeller Conference Center) does specialty weekend gourmet cooking classes in the fall and it's a great weekend fly in all by itself. Check out the website for the RCC for details.

It's all good on the Mountain! See you there

Dues Paid 5/26/21
Old 10-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Default Room At The Inn

With great regret, we had to cancel our room at Rockefeller Center. If anyone is hanging out there in waiting, it may be worth a call............Tom
2013- RV12, Kit #119. N123M First flight Nov21. It's a keeper!
1998- RV-9 tail kit, built and sold
1989- RV-6 tail kit, built and sold
Old 10-06-2016, 03:50 PM

Default Regrets also - maybe next year

With great regret also, we had to cancel our room at Rockefeller Center.

Might give them a call Thursday 3:45.
RV-9 (yes) N369RV
Mattituck IO-360, C/S Whirl Wind Prop, GRT, Digiflight II, Garmin SL30 & GTX 330 and Hotel Whisky Aux tanks, Bla Bla Bla
Flying
Old 10-11-2016, 11:07 PM

Default Petit Jean 2016 - Final Tuesday Update

Man, are we ever excited! Our group slipped off early from work today to sort out last minute issues like raffle prizes, food confirmations, clearing room reservations, and updating email lists with the very last latest registrations. At the airport, we immediately started the final checking, organizing, and loading of all of the gear, golf carts, food trucks, ice chests, and cold drinks. All that plus another trailer load of stuff that it takes to handle 130 registered airplanes on RV Mountain. We?ve mowed the grass, swept the ramp, and all it lacks is 100+ RVs :--) ... That?s where you come in !

It?s going to be a great weekend and here are the last few things you need to know:
  • FOR SAFETY REASONS .... we are asking that you LAND LOOOONG if landing on RWY 03. We ask that you touch down past the blue markers at the 1,000 foot marker. Those markers are there to remind you to LAND LONG. There is a lot of activity in the ramp area with people and airplane parking. Parking crews will meet you on golf carts. Thanks for your help!

• Remember it is camping but you don?t need to haul food, we have that covered from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave! Jerry and the cook crew are ready, the RCC is cooling down the beer, and the BBQ is on the grill!
  • Remember it is a state park, soft drinks and water are included but if Coke and Diet Coke gets a little old for you, then I suggest you bring some of your own favorite beverages Probably don't need to remind Tru-Trak Andrew!
  • You will need to bring Tie Downs and Chocks. Remember we can only accommodate about 20 airplanes on the ramp with cables so grass parking is the order of the day. Everyone needs to bring Tie-Downs and chocks.
  • Sitting on the ramp is one of the great treats at Petit Jean ?. We have regular folding chairs under a 40 x 60 tent but you will want your favorite folding chair for visiting, star gazing, and just general ramp sitting
  • IF you want to fly the Point Photo Run ?. Please please read and analyze the attached PDF showing the Point Photo Run Arrival procedure. Dan is there from 10:00 to 4:00 Friday. We are making left hand traffic out over the river and then back for North to South run.
  • Fuel is available on the field ?. We think it?s $4.99 a gallon ?
  • Please read the section below on our FaceBook efforts ?.. we need your help! We have a FB Group set up for this fly in just to make it easy for you to instantly post pictures and video as it happens and share with your friends at the FlyIn and at home. All you have to do is go to this link and join and set it as a favorite so you can find it quickly ! After you?re approved which will happen quickly, you can post directly from there and share with your friends as well.
  • The link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/PetitJeanRVFLyInGroup/ or search for ?PetitJeanRVFlyInGroup? All one wordy word. That should get you there. If you have any pictures from last year please post a few to let us know it?s working! We also need help on the admin so if you know anything about it please see us at registration ?. We need ya!
If you have any other questions or need help, please email me directly. I guarantee you a quick reply.

See original post for all the details: http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...etit+Jean+2016

It?s all good on the Mountain! We?ll see you Friday!

The Petit Jean Team ? :-)

Dues Paid 5/26/21

Last edited by BillSchlatterer : 10-12-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:47 AM

Since I will coming alone I cancelled my reservation at the RCC.
I will be camping instead.
Richard Emery
Old 10-12-2016, 10:57 AM

This is my first year as an RV-r and I just heard about this gathering a few weeks ago.

I live in Nashville, but I have a small family cabin in NW Arkansas along the spring river.

I had planned to stay there and fly down (30 minutes) to PJ for the day. Bring my guitar. Perhaps bum a tent spot for the night.

But, my wife had to leave town and I will be staying home with the kids.

I'll be looking for photos.

Hopefully, next year. Have fun all.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by istrumit View Post
This is my first year as an RV-r and I just heard about this gathering a few weeks ago.

I live in Nashville, but I have a small family cabin in NW Arkansas along the spring river.

I had planned to stay there and fly down (30 minutes) to PJ for the day. Bring my guitar. Perhaps bum a tent spot for the night.

But, my wife had to leave town and I will be staying home with the kids.

I'll be looking for photos.

Hopefully, next year. Have fun all.
Oh please don't stay home because you have kids. Bring the kids! It looks like you have an RV10. Surely you have that plane so you can take your kids places right? There is a lot at Petit Jean that they would really enjoy. If there were ever a family friendly gathering, this is it!
https://rvwings.com

Live Long And Prosper! 🖖🏻