Regarding the incorrect trim (and flap) indication issue:
Assuming this is the initial configuration, and not a situation where "it was working once but is not working now", it is likely a wiring issue. Please try this:
- connect the VP-X configurator to the VP-X and go to the trim or flap page. There you will see several numbers, one of them indicating the current trim or flap position.
- Command movement of the trim or flaps, and you'll see the "current position" number move consistently as the motor is running.
- If the number does not move steadily between roughly 0 to 255 as the motor runs, then the wiring to the position sensor/servo is incorrect.
If the number is not moving, then the indicator on the EFIS will not move as well.
Regarding the low battery:
- connect the VP-X to the configurator on your PC.
- look to see if any of the circuits are faulted, then reset them. The low battery condition causes the amperage to rise, sometimes tripping a circuit.
- also turn on/off the circuits from the configurator (and move the flaps) to confirm they work
Hope that helps.
RV-7 980 hours, IO-390, VP-X (sold)
RV-8 (flying a friend's)
Thinking about low and slow backcountry build.
VAF Advertiser - Aircraft Wiring Guide
Book to help with experimental aircraft wiring.