View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 11:42 PM

Dave, I have the same problem and received the same answers from Dynon and Vertical Power. However, I didn't really pursue it any further and now I have just learned to trim by experience. The only time I wished I had it was at takeoff but I have solved that primarily by learning to count how long to hold the trim down button after a landing. Trimming up while landing is the most my trim moves on any flight and I've gotten pretty good at getting the trim right for takeoff and I don't really miss not having the indicator.

I actually have the same issue with the flap indicator but when I did my transition training with Mike Seager he taught me his technique. He only uses two flap settings, half and full. Half flaps for me on downwind is a four count, and another four count to full flaps on base. It has worked wonderfully and I have no need for the indicator.

Would it have been nice to have the elevator trim indicator show me the takeoff setting? Yeah...but I'm perfectly happy counting to three now.
VAF#1145
Donation up to date 08/20