View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 AM

Default April '08 Air Capital RVators Meeting

Fellow RVators,

This coming Saturday, 19 Apr 08, is going to be really fun -- lots of stuff going on at the Newton Airport (KEWK).

First, the Wings of Remebrance is hosing a pancake breakfast from 0730-1030 rain or shine. The suggested $5 donation goes to a great cause.

Next, the EAA Jayhawk Chapter 88 is hosting a Young Eagle's event from 0900-1200. The pilots briefing is promptly at 0900 for just a few minutes. Steve C., the Young Eagle Coordinator, recently took a local radio station host for a flight and because of the advertising, expects to have a really good turn out. In his own words, 'We are going to need a boatload of pilots!' So if you are a national EAA member, and have an airworthy and insured aircraft, come on out and support this great event.

Third, from 0930-??? we'll have our RVators gathering. No specific topic in mind per se, but with the good weather and the crosswinds we've recently had; I'm sure there are some good stories out there. If nothing else, I'll share some things I've recently learned while working on my fuel tanks. :-)

Dave A. met a gentleman the other day who owns a grass strip near Roseburg, OR (southwest corner). He invited to drop in anytime, and to camp if we wanted. He's located about 3 miles SW of the Roseburg airport (RBG). He was enthusiastic about some one coming in to stay for a while. He owns an L-4 and a Comanche. His strip is called Felt Field (5S1). If someone wants to make a homecoming trip to Van's, or just wants to make an Oregon trip; this would be a interesting stop.

Also, there is a house/hangar for sale at one of the Valley Center grass strips. If you were intersted in living with your airplane just steps away, please check this out.

See you on Saturday. Fly safe.

Blue skies and tailwinds,

-Jim