View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 05:30 PM

Default Jan '08 Air Capital RVators Meeting

Fellow RVators,

Happy New Year!

What do these numbers have in common? 1/19, 2/16, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17, 6/21, 7/19, 8/16, 9/20, 10/18, 11/15 Well these are the dates (mm/dd) of our RVator meeting in 2008. If you are like me and can't remember that much, it's easy, our meeting is the third Saturday of every month (excluding December).

On the topic of monthly meetings, last year, after a very good breakfast at the Aldag's one Saturday morning, Dave passed the coordinating responsibilites to me along with a year's worth of volunteers to host these meetings. While we didn't stick to the schedule exactly, it was very nice having a plan to start with. So where am I going with this you ask? Well, it's a new year and I'm out of pre-coordinated meetings. I have a couple that are being tee'd up, but if you would like to host a meeting please let me know.

So without further ado, the Saturday, 19 Jan 08 RVator's meeting will be at 0930 at the Jabarra airport in the most south-west corporate hangar on the field. There isn't a hangar number per se, but if you turn in off of Webb road at the southern most entrance near the Col Jabarra statue, and keep the yoke angled to the right, you can't miss it. Please see attached map for a pictorial view.

Mr. Norman M. is hosting this event and is part of a team working on a 7A (if I remember correctly) that is in the 'wiring up' stage. Now if you don't recognize Norman's name, no worries you aren't alone. See, Norman was flying over the Butler Airpartk in a Cessna a couple months back when he spotted Abe's RV-6 parked on the ground while a friend and I were chatting with Jim S. He just had to stop in to check it out and as they say, the rest is history. So since Norman is jumping in head-first with hosting a meeting before even attending one, please be sure to introduce yourself and let him know your involvement with RVs.

Blue skies and tailwinds,

-Jim