Thread: KR's RV-9A
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipete View Post
Good progress.

I'd suggest some after market fairings instead of vans if you don't like Fiberglass work. Vans still require a lot of work. Either fairingsetc or rvbits.

Just looking at the safety wire the top bolt is quite secure and could come slightly loose. Better to go around to the other hole.

Cheers

Peter
Thanks for the suggestion about avoiding the factory fairings, Pete. I did look at the Fairings-etc ones initially, but figured I'd try to save on postage as I need to order a couple of things from Vans as well, but it might be worth paying that bit extra to avoid the aggro of ill-fitting fairings.

I re-did that safety wire today, and it does look much better. Safetied the other side and made sure it was done the same, alas no photos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabandy
I love the updates with the kiddos!
It provides a bit of perspective I reckon, they've been a big part of the build - and an equally big part of why things haven't progressed as fast as I'd have liked too.

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.