View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarsey View Post
Perhaps its self-explanatory.. but I've only flown with a traditional throttle like in the RV-12 (original). Can you say why its popular with factory pilots? Just the feel of it in your hand?

I can't say I know many planes that have the iS style throttle or the blade so I don't have much to compare here.
Greg may have additional info, but the primary motivation for designing the optional handle was to provide additional leg clearance for bigger/taller sized pilots.

Replacing the "t" handle with the narrow blade reduces the likelihood of larger sized pilots bumping it with the leg.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think the company pilots that have preferred the blade handle are the bigger / taller guys. I, and I think the rest of the closer to average size are fine with the T handle which is likely why that is the standard part supplied in the kit.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
Van's Aircraft Engineering Prototype Shop
FAA/DAR
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")