View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:57 AM

Default Good choice going RV

I moved to an RV after owning and flying a Warrior for a number of years. You're going to love the upgrade.

People here, me among them, love to debate which model is best for which mission. You can learn a lot from the debates. But honestly I don't think you can go far wrong. I bought a used RV-9A and love it but I'm pretty sure I'd be as happy with any of the other side-by-sides. The differences among RVs pale in comparison to the differences between RVs and 172s/Warriors/etc.

I also suspect I'd love any of the tandems - and in fact I think the -8 taildragger is hands-down the best looking RV (donning my asbestos flight suit.....). But side-by-side was the one requirement of my Significant Other, who is an enthusiastic flier. So that was easy to agree to.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Meyer View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I am from eastern Iowa, I farm and have an excavating business, I am 59, received my pilots license six years ago, and fly/own a 172M. I believe in goodness, I believe in doing the right thing, and I believe in working hard to make the world a better place. I also believe I want to build an RV! I am unsure of which model, however I am leaning towards the 14. I would like to here the thoughts of others who have flown or owned the 14, especially as compared to the other models. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Rick.
2022 Dues Paid