What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

gascolator question

prkaye

Well Known Member
I have one of the big blue gascolators (Andair, I think?). When I was doing my annual I removed the quick drain. As I was trying to loosen the quickdrain (which was quite tight), I noticed the lower cylindrical portion of the gascolator was rotating inside the upper housing. I had to grip the lower cylindrical portion tightly to stop it from rotating so I could unscrew the quick drain from the bottom of it.
Question - is my gascolator OK?

Phil-
It sounds like you have Van's regular gascolator and yes, the bowl of the gascolator turns. In fact the whole bowl comes off (and needs to come off) to check the screen. That's what the four screws are for, to hold the bowl tightly up into the rest of the gascolator, but the bowl will still probably turn if wrenched on hard enough. Sounds like maybe you haven't checked your gascolator screen yet, so that should be something you look into. Hope this helps.

Van's Gascolator

Don't forget the early gascolators with 10 flats on cup was recalled by U.E.I.. If you have one call UEI @ (503) 992-0015. The new style has 12 flats. Gene

Back