We released G3X Touch Version 8.70 to the software download area
today. Please note from the list at the bottom that many system LRU's have new software. After updating the software in the PFD1 with the SD card, the display will reset, and at that time it is best to hold down on the Menu button while it starts up in Configuration mode. Go to the System Information page on the PFD1 and watch all devices completing the software update before taking the PFD1 out of configuration mode and verifying proper operation for the updated system.
There are a number of new features included in this update, as well some behind the scenes improvements to improve system function and reliability.
- Support NAV Radio station identification and authentication. We modified the radio button field to shift the radio title and display a decoded station identifier to the right of the title if the station is correctly decoded and matched to the internal database.
- Allow fuel tank alarm to be volume driven, rather than time based. This function requires a fuel flow sensor to be installed in the aircraft. The default setting is time based, but can be changed by pressing Menu twice, choosing setup, and then Alarms.
- Added engine cycle counter. This will work for both turbine and piston engines. Engine cycle count is driven off of RPM and airborne state. Display must remain powered through engine shutdown for the cycle count to increase. Cycle count is visible in the Engine and Airframe configuration menu, under settings, as well as on the ENG page of the MFD.
- Support for TAS based speed scheduled trim. This is defaulted to IAS, but can be changed to TAS in configuration mode.
- Added support for GTX 3X5 diversity transponders.
- Support for up to 6 GDU's, which required adding config ID pin assignments for PFD3 and MFD3.
- Density altitude limit decreased beyond -1000 feet.
- Included GSU 25D support up to 55,000 feet. This requires a MOD 1 GSU 25D.
- Fixed Flitecharts update nuisance message.
- Fixed TEL button display when GMA 245 is being used for a phone call.
- Fixed IAS Limit for GSU 25D.
- Fixed ATZ designation on moving map.
Add support for up to six displays (PFD1-3 and MFD1-3)
Add ability to schedule fuel tank reminder based on fuel quantity used
Add support for Kavlico P4055-150G and P4055-5020-4 fuel pressure sensors
Add support for GTX 3x5D diversity transponders
Add option for trim speed control using true airspeed
Add additional autopilot configuration options
Add ability to record engine cycles
Add AFCS fault diagnostic page in config mode
Improve NAV radio status display
Improve transponder status display in config mode
Improve altitude display when adjust baro setting
Improve altitude display when below sea level
Improve density altitude display
Improve data log file processing
Change flight director ROL mode maximum bank angle limit
General improvements to system operation
Includes update to G5 software version 6.72
Includes update to GDL5x software version 2.14
Includes update to GSU25/B software version 4.10
Includes update to GSU25C/D software version 2.40
Includes update to GSU73 software version 3.80
Includes G5 boot block software version 2.20
Includes GAD13 software version 2.00
Includes GAD13 boot block software version 2.00
Includes GAD27 software version 2.40
Includes GAD27 boot block software version 2.30
Includes GAD29 software version 3.20
Includes GAD29 boot block software version 3.10
Includes GDL39 software version 4.91
Includes GEA24 software version 3.70
Includes GEA24 boot block software version 2.20
Includes GI260 software version 2.80
Includes GI260 boot block software version 2.20
Includes GMA245 audio software version 2.20
Includes GMA245 Bluetooth software version 2.00
Includes GMA245 software version 2.70
Includes GMA245 boot block software version 2.30
Includes GMC507 software version 2.90
Includes GMC507 boot block software version 2.30
Includes GMU11 software version 2.00
Includes GMU11 boot block software version 2.00
Includes GPS20A software version 2.40
Includes GPS20A GPS software version 2.00
Includes GPS20A boot block software version 2.10
Includes GSA28 software version 4.70
Includes GSA28 boot block software version 2.20
Includes GSU25/B boot block software version 2.20
Includes GSU25C/D boot block software version 2.00
Includes GSU73 IGRF database version 1.03 (Base Year 2015)
Includes GTR20/200 software version 3.30
Includes GTR20/200 boot block software version 2.30
Please let us know if you have any questions!