View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:27 AM

Default User Waypoint File Header

A few months ago, I created a series of files to allow Australian airports to be shown as User Waypoints on SkyView.

One thing I learned (and promptly forgot when I updated the files this week...) is that there is a specific header that must be included, or the *.CSV file will fail to upload to SkyView.

The pilots guide is not entirely clear, IMHO, that the lack of this particular header will result in a failed upload, so...

If you are attempting to upload a *.CSV file of multiple user waypoints to SkyView, you must have the "Dynon User Waypoints File V1.0" header included in your upload

If you don't, SkyView will reject it. Very annoying if you are at your hangar and don't have a laptop to tweak the file.

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.