What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X audio alerts questions

AirbusPilot

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

I have a dual screen G3X on my plane, plus GMA240, GTN650 and Dynon D6. I have one GDU370, GTN650 and D6 audio connected to GMA240, I can hear audio alert from D6, also buttons from GTN and autopilot disconnect alert from G3X, but I don't hear traffic or terrain alert from G3X, could be the reason that I just connect PDF from G3X to audio panel???, why should I need to connect both screen???

Cheers,

Fernando

Hello Fernando,

If you can hear the autopilot disconnect tone from the G3X system (triple "horn" sound) then it would seem that your audio wiring and configuration is correct. However, the installer does have the option to enable or disable audio output for both terrain and traffic alerts. You can see a description of these settings in section 17.3.9 of the current G3X installation manual (rev J).

- Matt

Also make sure that your volume settings on the config page for sound are high enough to open the MASQ squelch feature of the GMA240. I ran into this during initial startup of my panel. One notch of volume can make the difference of hearing it or not... AP tones look like the are on the same setting as terrain and traffic alerts so this may be of little help but it is something to watch out for.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help!!!

Sound great it just software and no more wiring :D

I think Brantel should be one of Garmin Team X soon;)

Back