VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Trip Write-ups (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Great Adventures West (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=87820)

scard 06-24-2012 10:21 PM

Great Adventures West

Ha! This is all pretty amusing. I'm just now catching up on Vlad's great adventure. We've been on our own, very similar adventure for the last three days over on the Card TV channel. However, through two pilot's worth of skilled aviating, we did in fact make it to the west coast. Currently typing in front of a cozy window overlooking Crater Lake in Oregon. Yesterday was Crescent City to check out the monster redwood forest, before that was Albuquerque. There has been a big turbulence airmet over the whole desert for the past few days, and I can tell you for a fact, that it wasn't lying. We probably won't do that again :). We spent 10.5hrs navigating the other day. Over, Under, Around, whatever it takes. 22C turned 1000hrs yesterday. She is throwing just a touch of prop grease that I'm watching carefully. I'm thinking due to the hours of huge turbulence the other day. Hopefully our adventure will continue all the way up to Victoria, BC over the next few days. All dependent on weather. Hopefully, tomorrow we'll be headed out of Medford, OR for Aurora.

rockwoodrv9 06-24-2012 10:26 PM

Sounds like an interesting trip. Keep us up to date. My ancestors tribal lands are not far from where you are now. The Mt Shasta - southern Oregon region is where the Indian Nation my family is from. It is a pretty place and the history is very interesting - somewhat sad, but still interesting.

Have a good rest of your trip!

dwilson 06-24-2012 10:55 PM

Check your PM

Hi Scott,
Sent you a PM about your trip tomorrow.

loopfuzz 06-24-2012 11:17 PM

Scott, sounds like a great trip. We just did the opposite trip from Portland to Austin (and then onto Florida). Just got back to Portland last week.

I don't have any extra hangar space to offer, but I have a guest bed room at KVUO if you interested.

Chris.

Vlad 06-25-2012 05:59 AM

Scott, Tanya! My initial plan was to intercept you on West coast. Then I saw you going South (Watson?)and ending the day at ABQ. I knew I would miss you by at least half a day. :D Have fun guys and be careful. Trust 22C she will get you wherever you want.

tc1234c 06-25-2012 06:39 AM

More pictures! Have a great trip.
Tail winds and smooth air!

Jaypratt 06-25-2012 07:00 AM

!!!

Y'all have fun!!!

Forcast is 102` in 'Cow Town' today

David-aviator 06-25-2012 07:37 AM

Crater Lake in the summer, what a gorgeous place.

When I flew over it last November and it was inundated with snow, lots of it. Simply have to get back there this time of the year.

What airport did you use?

Thanks for the picture.

Hoss7 06-25-2012 07:47 AM

Scott and Tanya, Port Townsend is a nice spot to spend a day. 0S9, hangar space and a funky airport car should be available if needed. Let me know if you stop on the way by, be happy to be a tour guide!

Steve

425-348-1714
Scraiginc@msn.com

bhassel 06-25-2012 08:13 AM

ABQ yesterday? Try Santa Fe on the way back and let me know you're coming...much more fun! :D

Bob
505-231-4598