Leaf-Looker Poker Run and Fly-In Oct 23-24
EAA731 (Hickory, NC) is hosting a Leaf-Looker Poker Run and Fly-in on Friday and Saturday, Oct 23-24. The leaves at higher elevations are peaking now. Lower and mid elevations should be prime for the fly-in and poker run. Visit the chapter website for full details.
$200 cash prize for best hand
$300 in other prizes donated by sponsors
9 fields around Hickory and Morganton, NC participating
Bonus card available if you participate in a Mountain Flying refresher and safety brief Thurs, Oct 22nd at KHKY, 7:00pm
Free coffee and donut breakfast 7:00am Sat Oct 24th to all participants
Lunch and awards at Foothills Regional, (Morganton, NC) KMRN at noon.
Cards out and available at noon on Friday, 23 Oct.
Full rules will be available on the EAA 731 website by Monday, 19 Oct.
Participating Fields (in no order):
KHKY - Hickory Regional
KMRN - Foothills Regional
KSVH - Statesville
14A - Lake Norman Air Park
KFQD - Rutherford County
0A7 - Hendersonville
7A8 - Avery County (Spruce Pine)
0A9 - Elizabethton
KIPJ - Lincoln County
1. Be safe
2. Obey all laws and FAA Regulations
3. Have fun and enjoy the fall foliage
4. Poker Run officially begins at noon on Friday, 23 October, 2009 and ends at noon on Saturday, 24 October, 2009
5. Participating Airports are in no particular order, nor is it necessary to visit all airports.
6. A valid ?hand? consists of a five cards, standard poker hands only. (eg five of a kind is not a valid hand.)
7. All cards will be at FBO desk at participating airports, sealed in an envelope.
8. DO NOT OPEN the envelopes. Any cards turned-in in open envelopes will be void.
9. Only one card per registrant, per participating field will be valid for play (Multiple registrations are permitted)
10. Poker Run participation fee is $10 per registration. Costs cover lunch, prizes, proceeds benefit EAA731 aviation activities, including Young Eagles events
11. Registration includes lunch
12. Registrants must make radio call on CTAF and be in the pattern at KMRN (122.7) no later than 12:01pm EDT to be eligible.
13. Bonus card may be earned by attending Mountain Flying Seminar on Thurs 22 Oct, 7:00pm at KHKY
14. Pre-Registration may be done at Froggy Pete's (KHKY) or the FBO at KMRN any time Oct 19-24. Registration may also be completed at the time of turn-in.
15. If, upon arrival at a participating field, all cards are gone, take a slip of paper from the basket instead. It can be exchanged for a card upon arrival at the check-in station.
16. Poker Run official has full and final authority to settle all disputes and determine winners in any event of a tie.
17. In the event of inclimate weather, additional card to complete a hand will be available at turn-in. Participants must have cards from participating fields to be eligible
Rain delay - sorta
Forecasting some bad weather for Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, so we've decided to extend the poker run a bit, and move the fly-in to Sat Oct31. (Yes, I know it's Halloween!)
Poker Run cards will still be out tomorrow (Friday 23 Oct) at noon, and will remain out for eight (8) days!!!!!
The Fly-In and awards will be on Saturday, 31 October, but you no longer need to be present to win the Poker Run grand prize. Cards may be dropped off at Froggy Pete's (KHKY) or Foothills Regional (KMRN) anytime before noon Sat, Oct 31.
Door Prizes will be drawn and presented on Sat, Oct 31st, must be present to win these!
Come on out and enjoy the beautiful fall colors, log some time, win some prizes.
Bump: On for tomorrow
This is still happening tomorrow. Weather is iffy right now, but come on out if you can. Over $500 in total prizes given out, some in cash. Fewer people = better chance of winning.
KMRN = Foothills Regional Airport, Morganton, NC
Burgers and fixins
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.|