VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV Ongoing Maintenance Issues (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Looking for these little Vents (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=185035)

RV-4 07-23-2020 08:50 PM

Looking for these little Vents

Hello All

I'm in need of a couple ( at least one ) of these little vents CA LV-3 VENTILATOR that Vans used to have but doesn't anymore ..

Are you guys aware of any other suppliers of these vents, I will appreciate any link you may have

Thanks

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca

RV7 To Go 07-24-2020 06:30 AM

Wow... Did a search and could not find them. They were great vents. Had them in my 4 and another on the field had one in his 3. Good luck in your search!

Ralph Inkster 07-24-2020 10:13 AM

Found 2" at Wag-Aero & Spruce.
But looks kind of rough compared to those Bruno is looking for.

RV-4 07-24-2020 12:56 PM

Vents

Hi Ralph

I saw those on Wag Aero, they might work but they're not as nice as the one I already have and will like to find..

Vans now sell this kit...Probably effective but most likely too large ( 2.5'' x 3.5'' ) to install below the Naca ducts on the side on my -4...I need cooling in the foot well as it is really hot down there in the summer heat and the radios don't like it ...

Still hoping someone will have a link for the ones I'm looking for or someone has a few for sale...fingers crossed..

Cheers

Bruno

Ironflight 07-24-2020 06:11 PM

I want to say I think those were made by Vetterman, and he is enjoying retirement after shifting the exhaust business over to Clint - not sure the vents went along with the deal. We have two of them on the skirt of our -3, and unfortunately, as cool and nicely made as they are, that;’s a horrible position for ventilation - they really suck air out instead of letting it in.

If you find them, consider a better location!

Paul

RV-4 07-24-2020 09:08 PM

Vents

Paul

As you can see in the pictures, mine is installed for the Backseat ventilation and I don't know if I got lucky but it's blowing enough air to set the squelch off for the backseater..

Here's what I wanna do with the one I'm looking for ( fix a heat problem in the foot well of my RV-4..I saw those in Oshkosh last summer on an RV-8..

I'll keep looking, might get lucky eventually..

Cheers

Bruno

P.S: If you decide to remove them of your -3, I'll take them off your hands ..:-)

rv7boy 07-24-2020 09:41 PM

Maybe Steve Melton could make something like this.

RV-4 07-26-2020 09:04 PM

Vents

That will be nice if Steve could make them...I sure will have a look if he does..

Bruno

vetterman 07-27-2020 06:06 AM

Vents

Let me put my opinion in here. Yes that is my vent and it is no longer made or available. It was machined from a solid block of aluminum and made to a very high standard. When I retired my vent guy did too so once the supply was gone there was no more. I have a couple of them and have been thinking about contacting Steve Melton about making them. When that vent is placed in the right area it really works well. Larry Vetterman

RV-4 07-27-2020 09:50 AM

Vents

Hi Larry

If the vents you have are for sale I will gladly buy them..

Just let me know how much and how you want me to pay for them:D:D

Cheers

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca