VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Canada (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Want to buy a RV-7 or RV-14 in Canada... anybody? (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=192142)

Canadianflyer 02-08-2021 09:35 AM

Want to buy a RV-7 or RV-14 in Canada... anybody?

Hello everyone, I have been racking my brain trying to find a Vans RV for sale in Canada, seems everyone loves them so much they don't want to get rid of them!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where I could find one? Preferably glass cockpit, IFR would be nice, and good build quality. I have searched the usual suspects - controller, trade-a-plane, Kijiji.

RV-7 and RV-14 preferred.

Thank you very much,

Kyle

Snowflake 02-09-2021 08:24 AM

There's a lot more for sale in the US, and importing isn't that difficult.

And welcome to VAF!

Canadianflyer 02-09-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowflake (Post 1501831)

And welcome to VAF!

Thank you very much Rob! I keep searching around down there to see. Only seeing one option at the moment.

Will keep my eyes open!

Thank you

elev666 02-09-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowflake (Post 1501831)

And welcome to VAF!

I would be extremely cautious about trying to bring one in from the US at this time , thereís a couple here in Ontario that bought one last year and at six months it still wasnít inspected & and cleared airworthy, not sure how itís progress has gone recently !
I guess you missed the 14 quick build that was in Edmonton Alberta !

Canadianflyer 02-09-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elev666 (Post 1501888)
I would be extremely cautious about trying to bring one in from the US at this time , thereís a couple here in Ontario that bought one last year and at six months it still wasnít inspected & and cleared airworthy, not sure how itís progress has gone recently !
I guess you missed the 14 quick build that was in Edmonton Alberta !

Oh geez... yeah, that would be a devastating wait! And yup, had no idea. That would have been perfect. Never even saw it!

Snowflake 02-10-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elev666 (Post 1501888)

A lot of that will be due to COVID, just getting registration transferred on an airplane that's already here could take 3-6months right now... Transport is working on a less-than-skeleton crew it seems.

The US market is still a lot larger than Canada, and it's where you'll find the best deal as a result. The scarcity of aircraft already in Canada drives the prices up beyond the cost to import.

Don Patrick 02-10-2021 05:41 PM

Have you flown in a RV?

I see youíre in Oshawa....

Email me at 925@drps.ca and Iíll send you my number.

I have a RV8 in Oshawa...if you havenít flown in an 8, I know someone that can help you out with that.;)

Iím planning on doing a form trip tomorrow at 1630 hours. With a RV7.

Don

Don Patrick 03-11-2021 05:18 PM

Update

For anyone in Canada currently considering selling their RV7, please reach out to me directly. 905 2 six 1 66 one 5 or 925@drps.ca

Unfortunately with the current COVID situation, it is difficult for cross border purchases, but not out of the question.

A friend of mine is in a position to buy one and once purchased, will start building a 14.

He is a serious buyer, who will pull the trigger and not just kick a tire.

Thanks

Don