What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Active EAA Chapters in Chicago Area?

Roadster

I'm interested in attending a local EAA chapter meeting in the Chicago area.

Through the EAA website, I found a local chapter in Aurora, IL (EAA 579) and sent an email to the chapter president (DickLCFII@*******.net), but never received a response. That was back in June. :confused: So I tried again, thinking that he might have missed the first message. Still no response, and that was over a month ago! :mad:

Does anybody here know of any active chapters in the Chicago area? :(

I'm in the western suburbs, but I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet some active members and develop some new friendships.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
EAA Chapter 1414

You could visit our EAA Chapter 1414 at Poplar Grove Airport, C77, about an hour drive west on I-90 from O'Hare airport. Monthly meetings are on the second Tuesday of each month at 7PM at the Poplar Grove Airport Maintenance Hangar. Several RV owners are members, including the members of the Blackhawk Squadron formation flight group. Also, our chapter won the award from the EAA for the best chapter newsletter this year.

Call Tom, our president, at 847-541-6072

Hey, thanks for the recommendations, guys. I really appreciate it.

Both of those meetings are on weekdays. Unfortunately, I'm traveling during the week right now on a long-term project, so I don't think I will be able to make it, as much as I'd like to attend. :(

Do these chapters ever hold meeting/get-togethers on weekends?

Yes.
Here's ours events/Fly-Ins Coming Up:
Aug 12 Project Review
Matt & Jana Trofimchuck?s RV-7
Aug 12-13 Galt Airport
7th Annual Flyers & Tires
www.flyers-tires.com/index.html
Aug 13 Grandpa?s Farm Airport (0C7)
EAA Chapter 263 Fly-In, Drive-In Breakfast
1 ? miles south of Mendota, IL on Highway 251
Aug 13 Lake Elmo, MN (21D)
Aviation Day Fly-In pancake breakfast 7am-noon
Aug 18 Blue Sky Aero Movie Night
7:00pm Morris Airport - Blue Sky Aero Hangar
Aug 20 Taylorville, IL (TAZ)
EAA Chapter 1315 Fly-In Breakfast
Aug 20 Poplar Grove, IL (C77)
Poplar Grove Annual Fly-In Breakfast
Aug 20 Brookfield, WI (02C)
Ice Cream Social and Vintage Aircraft Display
Aug 22 EAA Chapter 95 Meeting
7:30pm at Morris FBO - Mike Campbell treats
Aug 26 Dinner ?Get Together?
6:00pm at Red Lobster in Joliet
Aug 27 Rochelle, IL (RPJ)
10th Annual Fly-In/Drive-In
Aug 27 Iowa City, IA
28th Annual Fly-in Breakfast
Sep 2-3 Morris, IL (C09)
Morris Skyfest 2006
Sep 9 Waukegan, IL (UGN)
Waukegan Regional Air Show
Sep 9 Decatur, IL (DEC)
Fly-In Breakfast with EAA 274
Sep 9-10 Marion, IL (MWA)
Southern Illinois Airshow, Williamson County
Regional Airport
Sep 10 Dubuque, IA
EAA Chapter 327 Fly-In Breakfast
Sep 10 Mt. Morrs, IL (C55)
EAA Chapter 682 Fly-in breakfast

Roadster:

I am the Vice President of Chapter 95 at Morris. You have read the previous posts from Chris, one of our chapter members. He and his father have a beautiful -6A. We also have a -3, -4, -6, -7A flying on the field and an -7, and 2 -8's under construction. We are a pretty active group and have a number of functions throughout the year, including chapter cookouts, pedal plane build sessions, poker runs, Saturday night family dinners at local restaurants, young eagle days, etc. Every weekend there are usually a number of us hanging out at the airport. Please stop on by or e-mail me directly and we can plan to get together and i can show you around.

Glenn Vokac
RV-8 (90% done, 90% to go)
[email protected]

n468ac said:
Yes.
Here's ours events/Fly-Ins Coming Up

[snip]

(This post by: Christopher Checca)
glenn v said:
Roadster:

I am the Vice President of Chapter 95 at Morris. You have read the previous posts from Chris, one of our chapter members. He and his father have a beautiful -6A. We also have a -3, -4, -6, -7A flying on the field and an -7, and 2 -8's under construction. We are a pretty active group and have a number of functions throughout the year, including chapter cookouts, pedal plane build sessions, poker runs, Saturday night family dinners at local restaurants, young eagle days, etc. Every weekend there are usually a number of us hanging out at the airport. Please stop on by or e-mail me directly and we can plan to get together and i can show you around.

Glenn Vokac
RV-8 (90% done, 90% to go)
[email protected]
Chris & Glen, thanks for your responses. Sounds like I need to make my way down south a bit. Your home airport is just a little over 30 minutes away.

I'll be in touch shortly. Looking forward to meeting both of you. :cool:

Back