What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Central Florida RON

drdestructo

I'm moving my rocket from Utah to Miami for a couple of months. I'm planning on beating the weather system that is going to mess up the gulf coast later in the week. Because of that, I'll arrive in Miami a day before I have a place to stay.

Anyone have a good idea on where to stopover in central florida with a cheap hotel close by either walkable or with a shuttle. I'll probably arrive Wednesday evening and depart mid morning.

Russ Werner
HRII

Danvillebnb.com

There is a fly in bed and breakfast run by my friend Dan Shaw. It was on HGTV's millionaire rooms a few months ago. The iD is FD92. There is even an RV builder on the field.

Last edited:
Lakeland LAL has a new Hilton Garden Inn about a 300 ft walk from the FBO. Quick taxi ride will find lots and lots of restaurants under 5 miles away. I like Louie Macks steakhouse.
In the morning you could taxi to the other side of the airport and visit the little museum or better, visit Kermit Weeks' big Fantasy of Flight Musuem about a 15 min taxi ride.

Stopover

Hello, (Lee) Leesburg, Fl is very nice, I took some aerobatic training there. Afew miles west of Orlando intl.

Merritt Island...There is a rocket under construction, a new RV-8 and -9A, a couple of 6's, etc. You could stay on Cocoa Beach, visit the Kennedy Space Center or spend a morning hanging with the airport bums.

Great ideas. Heading out from Utah at dawn tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates! I'll let you know where I end up! Not much tailwind tomorrow. Hope to land in central or south Florida by sunset.

Russ

Last edited:
Back