What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Innertube Choices/Prices

Kyle Boatright

Well Known Member
I need to replace the right tire on the RV-6. The one that gets flat spots because I drag the brake on takeoff. Also, I'd like to have a new tire and tube "on the shelf".

Anyway, I was going to order a pair of tires (Air Hawks - I've gotten good service out of this set) and a pair of new tubes (Michelin Air Stops - these really cut down on how many times you need to air-up the tires.).

The tires are about $42 ea from Desser, but the tubes are $50 each. Aargh. Somehow it really bothers me to pay more for the tube than the tire. In my world, a tube should be $5 and shouldn't leak.

Any thoughts other than simply biting the bullet and springing for a new pair of Air Stops?

Kyle -

If it helps any, even the cheap tubes aren't cheap - by comparison, the Air Stops are a hundred times beter for only a few dollars more....my kit came with the cheaper air stops (not Michelin), and I had to add air every couple of weeks. The Michelins I replaced them with go months!

Paul

Back