What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 door locks

tstates

Door locks for RV-10

I am currently doing final assembly on baggage door. I dont want to use Vans ignition/bag- lock set. Does anyone know if there is a source for both door locks and bagggage lock for the 10; so you would have matching keys?
Thanks for any input.
Thane. :confused:

We had a lock left over from our RV-9A project. We had a local locksmith rekey it to match the keys for the 10. You should be able to purchase an extra lock and have it rekeyed.

I used a Defender cabinet lockset from Home Depot U-9941 on my RV10 baggage door. Just had to modify the striker slightly. You can buy these in matching key sets. Hope to fit the same on my doors but haven't tried yet.

Thanks guys, I went down to Lowes and got a lock for less than $4.00. That should do the trick. Then later I can get it re-keyed if needed. I just hope that the main doors will have the ability to be locked for those occasional overnight stays. Thanks for the input.
Thane :D

could anyone tell me where i can buy door locks for my rv10?????? has anyone made them? does anyone sell them? do i need to wrap a chain around the fuse.? blue skies

I would suggest that once you have an idea of what you want to do, go check with your local locksmith they have BINS of unused locks they've changed out for one reason or another. Good luck! :) Rosie

Door Locks for RV 10

I used the ones that came from Vans. I used one in the cargo door and one on the pilot door. The passenger door gets locked from the inside.

Best

door locks for rv10

thanks for the responses!!! i understand and love the idea about using the extra door lock for the pilot side door, but how would i lock my wifes door from the inside?

Back