What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N710RV First Flight

dav1111

Well Known Member
7/28/06 was a really good day. First flight went off without a hitch. My RV-10 with a MT 3 blade prop and 3 screen GRT Efis performed really well and the landing was really nice. Stall warning went off when the main gear were about 3 inches above the runway as it settled in for a really smooth landing and roll out. Oil temps reached 232 at 6000 feet on initial climb out so I cut the flight shorter than planned and after removing the cowls and finding no problems of any kind I RTV'ed around all the baffle openings to try and make sure all the air came down over the cylinders.

I plan on flying every day for the next two weeks before delivering it to Grady O'Neal for painting.

A special thanks to SteinAir for a really great panel and all my buddies who helped with a second pair of hands on this 33 month first time build.

Congratulations! Have a safe and enjoyable time the next two weeks. If possible, post us some photos when you get a chance.

Did someone ask for pictures? I don't know if I have a big enought RV Grin.

firstflightcompletedpic5ua7.jpg

firstflightpic5bcj5.jpg

panelinstalled1bl4.jpg

firstflightpic11jr0.jpg

Having a ball

Back