What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring harness needed for TT in flying plane?

Mike Redd

I'm installing a used True Trac ADI pilot II in a flying RV7. Is a prefab wiring harness from Stein a good way to go or not? Wondering about feeding wires, do the harness have connectors installed. Anyone have knowledge to share on this subject? Thanks

Stein will probably want to chime in here--but I can tell you that TT harness that his shop did for me has pins only installed so that you can feed the wires thru and where needed. Came with all the connector shells, clearly marked, quality work.
Caveat, I have not yet installed it, but I have no doubt that it is long enough, etc.

Stein will probably want to chime in here--but I can tell you that TT harness that his shop did for me has pins only installed so that you can feed the wires thru and where needed. Came with all the connector shells, clearly marked, quality work.
Caveat, I have not yet installed it, but I have no doubt that it is long enough, etc.

Ditto, and I have mine installed----no biggie.

It will depend on the availability of room in the wing conduit in your existing setup.

Call Stein, he can answer your questions. He will also want to know where you are planning on locating various parts, so they can build the harness to fit your plane.

Back