What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Central Florida Fly-ins?

Ivan Kristensen

Well Known Member
I am visiting Central Florida for a while and have my airplane hangared in Dunnellon (X35) for the next 6 weeks. I would like to attend a few fly-ins here before I take my airplane back home in the middle of February.

If anyone out there would help me out with some dates and places I would really appreciate it.:)

Hello Ivan,

Send an email to Lorene and Ollie Washburn at flwashburn "at" embarqmail.com and ask her to put you on her email list. Lorene keeps a pretty complete list of central FL fly-in activity.
A good one coming up is Cedar Knoll (01FL) on Jan. 19. (3rd Saturday of every month). Cannon Creek is another nice one on the 2nd Sat. of every month.

Hope to see you at one of these fly-ins.

Happy New Year

Last edited:
The Sebring (KSEF) Light Sport Expo is coming up on Jan 17-20. Many of the same vendors as OSH attend but the crowds are light giving you the opportunity for long time visits. $10 gets your airplane parked, your wristband issued, and you shuttled to the show area.
The NOTAM details the arrival / departure procedure if you fly in.
Google for the site.

ivan , yes, be at sebring at 8am tomorrow. 123.15 freq inbound. where are you based at? :)

ivan , yes, be at sebring at 8am tomorrow. 123.15 freq inbound. where are you based at? :)

My home base is the Waterloo Regional Airport in SWern Ontario Canada CYKF but I spend most of my winters here in central Florida (Summerfield) and keep the airplane in Dunnellon X35? Sorry I missed Y'all.

Back