What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Harmon Rocket III Cowl

ktfiles

I'm New Here
Hi Guys

I'm looking into the feasibility of adapting a Harmon Rocket III cowl to my Sunday Knight Twister build. Hoping I can find a few quick answers before I call Harmon for more details. I don't want to waste their time if it clearly won't work. Vince made a tracing of the F1 firewall a while back for me and it appears to be in the ballpark.

Can anyone here look at the Rocket III plans and give me the following dimensions?

rocket3cowl.gif

If I buy a cowl from Harmon, will I get one that looks like the one below or has this one been modified from a "stock" cowl?

1190973.jpg

Thanks CL
www.ktfiles.com

Remember that the F1 firewall and the HRII firewall are different, especially at the bottom.

I'll be making a firewall to match the cowl however it ends up. The bottom area may have to be lowered an inch or two to better fit the spring gear. Also depend on where the B dimension lines up on my fuselage.

Thanks CL

rocket3cowl2.gif

If you never got the answers (or dimensions) you needed, give me a call - I have two extra HR II cowls (same as the III) and also have an accurate plywood "firewall" I used when fitting mine to my -II. I can measure across the faux firewall to give the dimensions you need.

Thx

David Howe
HFS
1(559) 816-0433

HR II S/N 002

Back