What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sebring Breakfast, Wednesday, 12/19

fl-mike

Well Known Member
Couple of us working stiffs are off this week, so we're going to try and hit the Wednesday Sebring breakfast. Looks like five RV's from Venice will be going. Hope to be on he ground at KSEF at 8AM.
123.15 in-bound.

Sbring on Wed

I can't make it this week, or next week, as I'm going back up Norht for Christmas (and to really get cold!). See you all over there after the new year...

Couple of us working stiffs are off this week, so we're going to try and hit the Wednesday Sebring breakfast. Looks like five RV's from Venice will be going. Hope to be on he ground at KSEF at 8AM.
123.15 in-bound.

Sbring on Wed

I can't make it this week, or next week, as I'm going back up Norht for Christmas (and to really get cold!). See you all over there after the new year...

123.15 in-bound.

At least one from ZPH

Hi all,

At least one other working stiff will be coming down if there's no fog at 7:15.

See you there.

Every Wednesday like clockwork. Don't expect to spend a lot of time looking at planes unless you want to skip breakfast. After the guys eat, they're gone like they are on fire.
some of the best comeraderie for RV'ers around. Say hi to "Turbo" for us.

Every Wednesday like clockwork. Don't expect to spend a lot of time looking at planes unless you want to skip breakfast. After the guys eat, they're gone like they are on fire.
some of the best comeraderie for RV'ers around. Say hi to "Turbo" for us.

And don't get there any later than 8, or you will miss the action! Earlier is better.

Sebring breakfast!

And don't get there any later than 8, or you will miss the action! Earlier is better.

Wow! You are not kidding. :eek: We got there about 9:20 ( a bit late I know) but except for a couple of plane taking off after we landed everyone were gone. Later the girl in the restaurant told us that there had been about 35 planes there. Talk about "tail end Charlie" we were it this time for sure......

Sebring Breakfast

I've been three times. Good breakfast at the restaurant. BUT, as others have said, if you want to look at RV's and talk to guys and gals about RV's, then don't eat breakfast. And has been mentioned, once everybody is done with their food and paid the bill, it's a Chinese fire drill to get out of there. Flightline clears out like the deck of a carrier. I don't go anymore because that bums me out. I like to hangout and compare notes, talk maintenance, tell war stories, etc. Oh well, maybe somebody else will someday find a place to eat and go over their RV's at another location and on the weekend. Sebring crowd is mainly retired folks. Enough said. I'm down by the big lake at Airglades and we don't have a restaurant so that's out. The quest continues...

RVJeff
RV-8. 380 TTSN. IO-360 with Hartzell BA Prop
Airglades Airport, Clewiston, FL

I've been three times. Good breakfast at the restaurant. BUT, as others have said, if you want to look at RV's and talk to guys and gals about RV's, then don't eat breakfast. And has been mentioned, once everybody is done with their food and paid the bill, it's a Chinese fire drill to get out of there. Flightline clears out like the deck of a carrier. I don't go anymore because that bums me out. I like to hangout and compare notes, talk maintenance, tell war stories, etc. Oh well, maybe somebody else will someday find a place to eat and go over their RV's at another location and on the weekend. Sebring crowd is mainly retired folks. Enough said. I'm down by the big lake at Airglades and we don't have a restaurant so that's out. The quest continues...

RVJeff
RV-8. 380 TTSN. IO-360 with Hartzell BA Prop
Airglades Airport, Clewiston, FL

Well, some of the Venice crowd is considering showing up a little later so that our pax's don't complain about the early launch. Most of the wives would like a 8am launch (vs a 7am launch) which gets us there about 8:30. So yeah, we will be hanging around longer. We still get to say "hey" to the early crowd before they depart and look at a few RV's before they are "outta here". And maybe that will entice a few more RV's that have to travel a little further (Roger and Myra and maybe Turbo and Kim, sound good to you?) :D

That would work better for us. We find it hard to get up at 5:30 AM for a breakfast flight. We will probably be there next Wednesday as we haven't flown enough. I might mention that the Florida Aero Club is meeting for lunch on Jan. 20th at "Turbo's" airport (Stuart, Fla.). It would be nice to see a lot of RV'ers there. We will be having lunch at the following:http://www.southernpigandcattlecompany.com/contact.html

let me know what time you will arrive and ill be there. i can be very flexible.

if you fly to stuart for lunch on the 20th i will show you a good time.
we will try not to get pulled over when we go for a heli ride!:eek:

img1192copy.jpg

That would work better for us. We find it hard to get up at 5:30 AM for a breakfast flight.

Same here. I've been about three times and I just can't seem to get away early enough to make it by 0745 or so. If you walk in at 0830, things are pretty close to over, so I have quit going as well.
There is breakfast at the cafe at Skydive Deland at KDED that is very good. Get to watch the skydivers, too. Maybe that would be a good breakfast spot for those a little farther north. Spruce Creek has a nice cafe, as well.

Planeless in Venice

Wife and I are in Venice for the month of Jan. Could not bring my wings this year(6A). If any Venician RVers are going to the Wed breakfast this month with an open seat I would love to tag along or just touch base sometime for some hanger flying, etc. Cell 309 five two five 1105 Randy

Wife and I are in Venice for the month of Jan. Could not bring my wings this year(6A). If any Venician RVers are going to the Wed breakfast this month with an open seat I would love to tag along or just touch base sometime for some hanger flying, etc. Cell 309 five two five 1105 Randy

Hi Randy, Welcome to the best location in the nation (OK, I'm partial)

Anyway, I will personally be out of town for next week's Sebring breakfast run (Weds. Jan 9th) but would be glad to have you come along when I get back. I will post here on VAF and we can try to make it a little later so more RV's are encouraged to come. I'll try to remember to ping you when I get back. If I don't, feel free to give me a call. I am in the VAF white pages.

Brunch anyone

The Sky Terrier will be back in Ft. Myers on the 17th, weather permitting, and looking for places to fly. In years past we always seemed to make it to Sebring just as everyone was leaving. Maybe we can get a second wave breakfast crowd started :D

KESC

In years past we always seemed to make it to Sebring just as everyone was leaving. Maybe we can get a second wave breakfast crowd started :D

I second that motion!:D. This old retired fart can't seem to get out of the house in time to get to the airport, drag the plane out, check Wx., notams and fly over before everyone has gone.

How about another day/location

I'm sure there's more than a few of us Florida working guys that would be interested in a weekend breakfast spot. How about Sat or Sun at Winter Haven? Nice cafe and good food. LAL has one of the best on field restaurants in Central FL. Albert Whitted in St Pete is a great spot to fly into.
Cedar Key is always fun.
Gary/Venice guys - how's that sound?

Fly

Understand some of the guys have been going to KOBE Sat. mornings. Not sure if that is still going on or not.

I'm sure there's more than a few of us Florida working guys that would be interested in a weekend breakfast spot. How about Sat or Sun at Winter Haven? Nice cafe and good food. LAL has one of the best on field restaurants in Central FL. Albert Whitted in St Pete is a great spot to fly into.
Cedar Key is always fun.
Gary/Venice guys - how's that sound?

Albert Whitted(KSPG) now charges a ramp fee even though you're going to the restaurant. This went into effect when the new FBO tookover. Too bad, as it's one of my favorite airports.

Last edited:
Disregard Albert Whitted then....

Forget about Albert Whitted. If supporting the FBO's restaurant isn't enough, then I can find many others that appreciate folks patronizing their facility.

How about ~ 0900?

The Sky Terrier will be back in Ft. Myers on the 17th, weather permitting, and looking for places to fly. In years past we always seemed to make it to Sebring just as everyone was leaving. Maybe we can get a second wave breakfast crowd started :D

A "second wave" at around 0900 sounds like a good idea.

Maybe we can convince the "early birds" to bump up to a 9:00 meeting time. If enough guys are going to fly in at 9, count us in. We got up at 5:45 last Wednesday to go tto SEF and when we got to the airport everything was IFR between us and Sebring. I won't get up tht early for a flight anymore unless I have to. I retired so I don't have to wake up that early.LOL. Hope to some of the others agree to go later---Turbo!

rog, it is best to check the wx when you wake at 5:30. that day i never got out of my PJs. ill wait around for the second wave any day. just leave me a phone message that you are coming. :)

by the way, the cold line is not palm beach but vero beach, and aero acres has both parallel grass and paved runways. need to keep you guys in line. :D

Understand some of the guys have been going to KOBE Sat. mornings. Not sure if that is still going on or not.
Mannan, we are pulling for you guy, get well soon... in the meantime, we usually have a gaggle from Vero Beach and surroundings at OBE on Sunday mornings for breakfast around eightish. We'll be there tomorrow...

Back