What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Most Beautiful Mendocino Coast

obar11

I'm New Here
Fly on up and see the Beautiful Mendocino Coast and the front porch guys at the Little River Airport (KLLR). Have had two beautiful Rvs in last week at the airport. sorry no pics.
IMGP3089.JPG

No ground transportation!

Its too bad it is so hard to get a ride into town! And I think they are missing out on a big opportunity.

There used to be a taxi in Mendocino apparently, but no more. The Little River Inn will supposedly pick you up if you are flying in for Sunday Brunch but no way would they help us on a Monday (they don't serve lunch).

We started out walking, and a kindly couple gave us a lift to Little River. We walked back up the park trail that follows the river and up to the Pigmy Forrest.

As much tourist traffic goes through Mendocino, you would think they would get it together to encourage people to fly in for a day by providing some kind of transportation.

Steve

The reason obar has this post is that he is running a limo or taxi service in the area. I hope to support him soon! He has a web site with rates and contact info.

Beautiful Indeed

Mendocino is indeed most beautiful. Here is the wife on a typical hike and on the Eel River. Steelhead are catch and release only, it was not harmed.

8028507864_b78b010c2f.jpg

4456570884_6a93c3405c.jpg

FANTASTIC NEWS

Steve

The reason obar has this post is that he is running a limo or taxi service in the area. I hope to support him soon! He has a web site with rates and contact info.

This is great news. We should try to get up there and support this effort to sustain some transportation.

A great way to surprise my wife with a fun outing when we get a nice indian summer day in the fall.

THANKS

The web site for the shuttle at KLLR is obar11.com. Please take a look. Yesterday was beautiful, today it is 00, oh to love the Mendocino Coast.

This weekend...

I guess you haven't read obar11's previous posts...

That said my wife and I are flying up to LLR from SQL this weekend to spend a night away. Looking forward to it.

Back