What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EFIS-10A minimum ASI

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
I've been doing some taxi tests prior to my first flight but do not get an ASI reading.
Is it true that the efis will not display air speeds < 30Kts?
I've done my pitot static check and all is well with no leaks.

On my D-10, the airspeed comes alive on takeoff in the low-mid 30 kt range, so what you are seeing is normal.

Thanks guys.
You're the best.
I didn't want to fly the first time using my gps backup for an asi.

Last edited:
Dan,

Now that we're got that sorted out, can I please, please convince you not to do any more high speed taxi tests. They are a waste of time and dangerous and have little to no value.

sprucemoose said:
Dan,

Now that we're got that sorted out, can I please, please convince you not to do any more high speed taxi tests. They are a waste of time and dangerous and have little to no value.

Thanks Jeff,
Don't worry, I'm not doing any highspeed taxi tests.
My gps indicated 7 or 8 mph.
I just thought the asi would have displayed something. I'm ok now and ready for 1st flight Saturday, weather permitting.

Just so you can hear it from us:

On Dynon EFIS products, the ASI "comes alive" at 30 KTS as the speed is going up and it "dies" at 25 KTS on the way down.

Thanks everyone.
I did my first flight Sat 7/8; see my first flight post. I remember noticing it around 45kts and I was flying within seconds. I can't tell when it actually came alive as it happened so quickly.
All I can say is "it worked great"!
What a blast!

Back