What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rocket Ride, Carson City / Reno

Paul Walter

Hello every one, I fly into the US on the 19th of July and then driving to Dayton , Nevada to check out my new lot in the dayton Valley air park there. I will be in Dayton / Carson city for 4 or 5 days before heading up to Oshkosh. So I am wondering if there is someone with a Rocket arround those areas somewhere that maybe i can get a ride , I have never been in a Harmon or F1. I don?t expect a full long flight, just a bit of a hack around and will pay cash, no probs

Paul

Sorry, also forgot to mention, i will be travelling through Bakersfield and Fresno so if any of the Rocket guys there can help me out that would be great.

Paul

Paul, you should get with Bob Mills in Reno - he's got a Rocket 6, and I think he might have access to an F1 or Harmon. I suspect he should be along to this thread eventually....

Paul

Dayton.

Paul,
I have no rocket connections. Although, I did land at Dayton Valley, last Reno Air Race, to check it out. Nice airstrip. Although private, with no transient tiedowns or fuel that I saw. A few very nice hanger homes presented well. My aunt lives in Dayton is why I landed to check it.

Enjoy your place there. It is a nice little valley.

Last edited:
Dayton is a public airport

Paul,
I have no rocket connections. Although, I did land at Dayton Valley, last Reno Air Race, to check it out. Nice airstrip. Although private, with no transient tiedowns or fuel that I saw. A few very nice hanger homes presented well. My aunt lives in Dayton is why I landed to check it.

Dayton Airpark runway is a public-use airport, albeit privately owned. You are correct that there is no fuel but there are a few transient tie-downs at the far northeast corner of the field (the area closest to the golf course).

We are happy to now have three lots on our block owned by VAF members (including Paul) and a current resident on the block building an RV-12. Yeager Court will likely soon be the center of the RV community in the Carson City area. I can barely wait to move out there!

Rocket Ride - Bakersfield

If you are going through Bakersfield, at a time, and on a date when there might be some activity at Bakersfield Muni (L45), you really should stop in and see John. You can't get much closer to "ground zero" in the HRII business! John is very accomodating and, I'm sure, will find you a ride - either in his prototype or one of the dozen or so other Rockets based there.

HFS

Paul,

Not sure if my first reply to your PM went through, but will shoot you my contact info in a second try. We may just miss each other pre-OSH, as I'm heading east a bit early. Will you be going back via Dayton after OSH? If so, I might be able to get you up in a HRII (with a little schmoozing), and in my plane (no schmoozing required! ;)).

Drop John a like in Bakersfield, and I'll bet he'll take good care of you!

Hope we can meet up!

I'll be in touch!

Cheer,
Bob

RR in RNO

Hello every one, I fly into the US on the 19th of July and then driving to Dayton , Nevada to check out my new lot in the dayton Valley air park there. I will be in Dayton / Carson city for 4 or 5 days before heading up to Oshkosh. So I am wondering if there is someone with a Rocket arround those areas somewhere that maybe i can get a ride , I have never been in a Harmon or F1. I don?t expect a full long flight, just a bit of a hack around and will pay cash, no probs
Paul

Paul,

I sent you an email with my buddy Tracy Knight's contact info. He flies a nice HR2 I helped a friend of mine, the former owner/builder sell to him. Let me know how the contact goes, Tracy keeps his HR2 at the same airport as Bob Mills...Stead!

V/R
Smokey

Mine and Tracy's HR2 in my front yard when I "owned" two...

Visiting the "Rocket Factory"

I just had lunch with John Harmon, and he said if you would give him a call far enough in advance for him to plan, that he or someone else at Bakersfield Muni would be able to give you a Rocket ride. Hope this helps.

From an earlier reply you can get the phone number for Rocket Cafe and that should be good enough to get started.

HFS

Thank you, greatly appreciated, I will email John and organize a ride with the man himself. Thanks every one for the help.

Paul

Back