What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AnywhereMap TAS Calculator

logansc

Well Known Member
Just wondering if any of the performance gurus on the site had ever used AnywhereMap's "Flight Calculator" feature. It apparently calculates pressure altitude from a manual OAT input, TAS from indicated and ground speed inputs, and winds aloft (I'm guessing, from heading, track, and ground speed). Just wondering if anyone was using this feature for flight and comparative performance testing and whether or not it's mechanization/configuration allows it to suitably meet the "accuracy standards" some here (including me) seem to be looking for.

Lee...

Where does the anywhere map get heading data from? Do you have to enter it manually into the calculator? You can calculate TAS from IAS, PA, and Temp. Maybe that's what the calculator does. You'd need to input the temp and IAS. It knows your altitude from the GPS. It can't know the heading unless it's hooked up to something or you input it.

-Andy

I just played with this feature on my anywhere map Qudra. I'm sure it will give you a good TAS if you give it a good IAS and temp. If you have a good AHRS for a heading, it will give you a good wind readout as well. The main limit to your accuracy will be your IAS.

-Andy

Back