What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spining the RV6

Spins

Using the search menu on this page of the forum, type "Spinning" into the box and you will see a couple of posts relating to this subject. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mike :)

RV6 Spins

arffguy said:
Yes, that was what I was going to say. Van who is an accomplished aerobatic pilot (I think he has a low level acro waver), was surprised in his initial RV6 spin tests at the speed of rotation and attitude. He did not feel comfortable doing more spin testing and farmed it out to a professional/acro-test pilot. I recall it is recoverable but spins *very* fast and requires proper anti-spin control input and several turns to recover from a fully developed spin, unlike some planes that stop spinning as soon as you release the pro-spin input. In other words, spins are not what the RV6 (RV7) is for, unless you want to scare yourself. :eek: (This is my opinion only, as I have never spun a RV6 but have spun a RV4 a few turns, and it recovers well.) Cheers George

Back