What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon compass correction card?

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
I've seen threads debating whether or not a whiskey compass is needed, and then, if so, whether you must have a correction card.

My DAR has already indicated my D180 tape is sufficient in lieu of a whiskey compass. However,, is there any such thing as a compass correction card for the Dynon or is it a technology, that makes compass correction unnecessary?

Thanks.

Steve,

I would think that the Dynon would not need a correction card if it is mounted properly away from potential interference (I know I don't have one, and certainly don't recall reading anything about it in the manual). The main issue with compasses is interference from anything magnetic, which means primarily anything made of iron or any significant electrical current which generates a magnetic field. And the Dynon should be updated regularly (I think they say annually, but don't recall for certain) since the earth's magnetic field is constantly changing (this is in the Dynon manual).

Greg

If you've calibrated your Dynon, then there's no correction card... It's internal. The only display you see is the corrected value.

Back