What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kissimmee departure?

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I'll be departing KISM tomorrow AM heading north. Will I get to clear into Orlando class B or will I be expected to skirt out arround?
My plan is to listen to ATIS, call ground and tell them I have information " " and I'm VFR headed north bound. Will KISM tower give me the headings they want me to fly or will I be expected to tell them where I would like to go? Will they give me altitudes to fly at? Any information clearing through Orlando area would be helpful to a country boy flying an RV-10. I usually avoid large centers but this was my destination.
Thanks Ron

Bravo airspace

Since you are leaving tomorrow, and the real experts may not have a chance to chime in, I will give you a general answer. I would call the FBO at your field and ask them what the standard VFR departure is, and they can tell you the local tribal knowledge. Normally when you contact the tower for ground taxi, you can request a transition through the Bravo airspace; if you know the standard routes then this makes it really easy. JMO

tribal knowledge

I agree with asking the locals. I had a time trying to find a published version of the Tango Transition in Puerto Rico

KISM

Ron:

Looks like that if you move slightly West after take off to where the Class B floor is 4000 ft., you will be able to stay out of Class B if you fly generally north toward the corner of Restricted Area 2910 and stay below 4000 ft,.

Look the chart over closely though. Don't take my word for it!

Nice meeting you and your cohorts at Valkaria last week. Nice airplane too!

Thanks Guy's for the help.My co-pilot suggested contacting the FBO and I thought that they would not be able to help with departure information, I've been wrong before. We will get out there later today and look into things.
Mannanj, great meeting you and had a great visite, and thanks for the nice comments on our RV.
Thanks Ron

Back