What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV owners and Blue Knights in The Los Angeles area.

WAM120RV

Well Known Member
I will be visiting a friend for a short break in late march for two weeks,stopping in Santa Barbera. It would be great to meet any local RV owners, and possibly Blue Knights members.

Actually its my wife's friend who has no aviation interest at all.

Hi Steve,

The weather here's much better than what you're getting in Coventry at the moment.

I'll be away for Sun'n'fun, but if you're in L.A. before then, feel free to give me a call on 248 495 2642 and I'll try to arrange a bit of RV'ating.

Mark - RV-8 N713MB

Coventry

Hi Mark

We had 5 inches of snow last night and really low cloud today.

I arrive there on 13th, I had not realised this coincides with S and F. I would be good to see you again. Any RV time is great!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm not leaving for SnF until 28th/29th.

I was in shorts and t-shirt flying up to San Luis Obispo today with my RV-8 and a couple of Ezes. We've had some great flying weather lately.
You're arriving just as the clocks are changing to Pacific Summer time, just right for an after work RV fix.
P1000935.jpg

Lucky

Mark, you are so lucky!!! I wish I were there now.

It would be great to fly in an 8. I have flown 2 x4's, 1 x 6, my 9 and a 7. I am slowly getting all the numbers.

I will contact you when I get there.

Thanks.

So, I am wondering if any VAF members are Blue Knights as well?

Steve, I was a member for several years but let it lapse when I sold my bike, and now I have also been retired from that profession for several years. I was always impressed with the organization. Is there membership for retired folks who are bikeless? :D

Blue Knights

Hi,

Yes, Serving or retired police officer or person with power of arrest, so includes all law enforcement types who can arrest. Having a bike is better....... more fun!!

I met some Green Knights last year at a big bike rally, all were serving with the US Airforce, I think at Lakenheath. The first guy came in and had real presence about him. Very friendly, but did not want to tell us too much about what he did. He was about my height but slightly heavier built, but you just knew he was someone you should not mess with!!

The strange thing was that they had been having trouble with some local to them, Hells Angels and wanted a Police take on how to deal with it. We suggested they visited them with a drone!!

Then two guys who serviced F 15's came in, again fit guys you would not mess with. They have since invited our Chapter down there..... what a great bunch of people.

http://www.lakenheath.af.mil/

Back