What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio Received

pbesing

Well Known Member
Well, after much waiting on the trutrak digitrak, and then it showing up with the buttons installed backwards, plus the install in an RV-4 wasn't the best idea in the world using the seat pans, I decided to send it back. Talked with the folks at Trio for a few minutes, and was sold. Many more features, easier servo installation, etc. I placed the order and it showed up 2 days later.

FWIW, it took 6 weeks for my trutrak. I'm told they don't stock them on the shelves..they build to order...I thought that was kind of strange.

I'm sure the higher end Trutrak products are great, but pound for pound, the Trio blows the digitrak away...from delivery, cust service, manuals, and most of all: features for the price.

pbesing said:
Well, after much waiting on the trutrak digitrak, and then it showing up with the buttons installed backwards, plus the install in an RV-4 wasn't the best idea in the world using the seat pans, I decided to send it back. Talked with the folks at Trio for a few minutes, and was sold. Many more features, easier servo installation, etc. I placed the order and it showed up 2 days later.

FWIW, it took 6 weeks for my trutrak. I'm told they don't stock them on the shelves..they build to order...I thought that was kind of strange.

I'm sure the higher end Trutrak products are great, but pound for pound, the Trio blows the digitrak away...from delivery, cust service, manuals, and most of all: features for the price.

Paul,

I agree. I've flown in two Rvs that have Tru Trac systems and both have had trouble with the altitude hold and tracking. Sometime they work, sometimes not. However, my friends Trio works flawlessly. Also. when I did the math, you get the same features as the Tru Trac for approx one thousand less.

Peter

Wait until you guys get a hold of Trio's new Atl hold with VS on rate and speed. You cant touch the price performance of their gear. I swear by it.
Im playing with the VS rate and speed in Beta now.
Best,

Last edited:
looking for the Brown Truck

Wait until you guys get a hold of Trio's new Atl hold with VS on rate and speed. You cant touch the price performance of their gear. I swear by it.
Im playing with the VS rate and speed in Beta now.

There ya go again, Kahuna.

My new Trio VS/speed hold is headed this way on the UPS truck as we speak....now I'll have to go sit by the front door and read the manual. It really does look like a big bang for a reasonable amount of bucks.

Back