What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

For RV Builders in Nova Scotia, Canada

CDBridgesRV7A

Good Day All,

I ordered my wings for my RV7 a few months ago. Vans informed me that they were crated and should have shipped last week. I'm assuming that due to the size and weight they don't come by standard courier. Who delivers them? Does Vans provide a tracking number? How long does it typically take to get the NS from Ore? Yes I am excited to get them :D

Thanks for the insight and help.

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris

You would have to give Van's a call to find out which trucking company they used. When I got my kits, I had them use ABF as there is a terminal just across the NY border in Watertown where I could go pick them up. However, I know they also use Roadway.

Once the kit arrives at the shipping terminal (not sure where that would be for you... Kentville?) they should give you a call to arrange delivery.

Hi Chris,

I had my entire kit shipped to Houlton ME and went up to get it myself and brought it across the border. I think if I had to do it again, I have it shipped to the bonded warehouse in Halifax, hopefully with one carrier so it didn't get handled too much. You then get the paperwork from the warehouse, go to the customs office downtown and pay the taxes etc, then go back and pick up your stuff. I did this with my Catto prop and it wasn't much of a hassle.

Hope this helps.

Mine came with ABF and they transfered with Armor (I think) for the Canadian portion. I would ask Van, who is the Canadian freight company and give them a call ahead of time to get some details on delivery.
Ron

Back