What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation Groups in the NE region?

wera710

Well Known Member
Is there any RV specific formation groups in the north east region (MD, PA, NJ, NY)? Been having a hard time tracking down folks to keep current with or to work on FAST certification. Flew with RPA (Yaks and CJs) this weekend. Amazing group with outstanding and very professional practices - But am looking for an equivelent RV group. If you know of any, please contact me directly. Thanks.

Dragon Flight gets together most weekend mornings meeting at DMW (Carrol County, MD). You and anyone else are welcome to join our group, we would love to get more people practicing with us. A few of our guys are FFI Wingman card holders and many of us attend the FFI clinics. We follow the FFI formation manual. We are happy to train up newbies as well. If anyone would like to join up with us email or PM me.

Scott, from your parachute post, if you want to meet up with us I'll bring my Strong 311 for you to try out.

Last edited:
Mike, thanks for the follow-up. I'll shoot you over contact info via email. Definitely interested.

I think "Vlad" and I would be interested in this too if we could ever get our schedules to work out right!!

Vlad...I have to ask. As we have a Vlad locally and I never thought to ask him. Is yours a former Soviet Jet jocky? Wondering if its the same guy? Limerick, Pottstown, Coatsville area of PA.

I think "Vlad" and I would be interested in this too if we could ever get our schedules to work out right!!

Ok Tony, don't be shy. You can come without Vlad if he is unavailable. Both of you guys are certainly welcome to join our clan. Shoot me a message offline with your contact info and I'll get you guys added to our email list.

Different

Vlad...I have to ask. As we have a Vlad locally and I never thought to ask him. Is yours a former Soviet Jet jocky? Wondering if its the same guy? Limerick, Pottstown, Coatsville area of PA.

Scott that's the other guy I think. I've heard of him not sure on the name though. I had some interesting experience in Soviet jets as a navi and wso.

Mike,
Tony and I are flying often as a flight of two but he is fast with more horses and variable fan. I struggle to keep up and would be happy to learn basics.

Ha. Tell Tony to slow the heck down. I just spent three days with Yaks and CJs at maybe 110 to 120 knots. The RV can hang just fine. You do not need a constant speed prop, but yeah, it comes in handy if you have too much smash.

Hey Vlad. Glad to meet you. Yep, our Vlad is local to coatsville PA I think. I think he may have a RV-12. Not sure. Only met him once at PTW but you can't mistake him on the radio. Can you say "Wudka...."

Back