What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Todd's Canopies - shared shipping?

Joe

Well Known Member
I'm looking into ordering a canopy for my RV-8A from Todd's Canopies (http://toddscanopies.com/). Good product, good price -- only one problem: shipping. From Florida to western Oregon freight is in the neighborhood of $300.

The shipping agent says two or three canopies could be shipped in the same crate for about the same cost. That prompts my question: are there others between, say, Portland and Eugene who would be interested in sharing freight expenses on an order from Todd's?

Please reply by email or phone; I don't do the PM thing.

Joe,

I did the same thing with two other RV-8 builders who happen to live within a 50 mile radius from me.

It worked out very well for everyone.

Good luck.

Mike

... are there others between, say, Portland and Eugene who would be interested in sharing freight expenses on an order from Todd's? ...

Bump.

Still interested in a Todd's canopy.

I spoke with Tony Partain about adding a canopy (or two or more) on a return from one of his Florida trips but the timeframe was too rushed for me to get the canopy on order. Still, it's a possibility ...

Back