What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to mount fuel flow transducer

rv72004

Well Known Member
I have a xp io360 with fuel injection.
I am using the AFS 2005 engine system . AFS advises I mount the fuel flow transducer between the fuel servo and fuel divider. I was thinking of mounting it just after the electric fuel pump inside the cabin. I see Dan did it this way.
They say it will not be as accurate in that position. By how much I say ?

Do any of you have favourable results mounting it in the cabin as I want to do ?

I mounted mine like Dan - just after the electric fuel pump assembly. So far, so good, but mine only has 15 hours on it for now. Too early to tell as far as accuracy.

I mounted mine after the electric pump. I thought AFS advised in the manual it should not be mounted under the cowl.
My installation is on my site - www.gapilot.com - My RV7 Build Diary - select 2005. The dates to look at are 1/2-Nov-05 & 12/13-Dec-05.

Hope this helps,
Tim.

I've seen two different options for mounting it between the fuel servo and divider. Either right after the fuel servo, or mounting it vertically right before the divider. The first option sounds better to me. I saw a picture of that on somebody's site, but I can't remember where right now.

Back